Morale?

Completely forgot the beginning of the post. In all the time I have played I can't say I've noticed that the mere presence or visual cue of AFVs would have a noticeable impact on morale. The most important factors regarding morale would be a change in C2 state, casualties or taking fire. I understand the concept, but finishing the design for a game could be tricky.

Never been in a war so I fortunately don't know, but having spent a reasonable amount of time in the presence of different armoured vehicles...

It's not a clear-cut thing. There are so many variables. There are situations where the presence of friendly armour near your very personal battlespace is unnerving. For an infantryman, a vehicle is an explosion waiting to happen somewhere, maybe near you, maybe near the enemy. In modern times especially, the frontal sector of several AFVs is a deadly place to be, due to the shoes of the sabot flying rather unpredictably. The blast wave from a main armament firing can be deadly. Then there's the noise and heat... There are plenty of other things to worry about, but you can never completely stop worrying about whether the commander and the driver see you.

It's a great idea, but it also has many variables that need to be taken into account. Like in the winter, your troops behind a tank will be happy because the exhaust keeps them warm. But on a hot summer day...

EDIT.

To expand on your point, weapon2010, adverse morale in the presence of enemy armor should most affect infantry morale if they have no AT capabilities.

Certainly this was more relevant early in the war.

Not high on my list of "wants", for what is a very complicated simulation, already--but I can see why the point would be made.

Tanks can hurt friendly infantry morale, especially when you are warming your hands on their exhaust and the crew opens their hatches to let out the steam from their pressure cooker while eating hotdogs.

LOL

Followed by an immediate about face when the tank takes a hit,brews up and the crew become the hot dogs in a pressure cooker.

The Churchill came with a small element to enable the crew to brew tea-them Brits think of everything.

LOL

Followed by an immediate about face when the tank takes a hit,brews up and the crew become the hot dogs in a pressure cooker.

The Churchill came with a small element to enable the crew to brew tea-them Brits think of everything.

And I bet tankers did what they could to spread the joy. Always good to keep your close protection detail sweet.