Javelin question

HI,

Picked up shock force at the weekend after playing the demo , am really enjoying it , I used to love playing close combat so this is right up my street :)

I just had a question regarding the javelin.

Last night I ordered my Jav squad to target a building , the Jav did fire , but the others also fired on it with their rifles , is there a way to get just the Jav to fire on his own?

thanks

Greetings and welcome to this fine club. Myself, I also dabbled with Steel Panthers and Close Combat before finding my spiritual home.

The answer to your question is no. The only situation in which only the Javelin would fire is such that the soldier using it decides to fire on his own and the rest do not. Or he's the only one left standing. Talking about buildings ofcourse. If you order the squad to fire on a T-90 in the horizon, only the Jav will fire.

The targeting orders are for the entire squad.

It's a bit of a compromise but the game is made by a very small team, so I'll let it slide. There is always the danger that when you start adding features like this you will get swamped in micromanagement and it becomes less focused on actual tactics.

Greetings and welcome to this fine club. Myself, I also dabbled with Steel Panthers and Close Combat before finding my spiritual home.

The answer to your question is no. The only situation in which only the Javelin would fire is such that the soldier using it decides to fire on his own and the rest do not. Or he's the only one left standing.

Or if the target is beyond engagement range for the rifles.

thanks for the replies , the point about micro-management makes sense.

Im currently on the 4th mission in the Brit campaign (highland corridor - something like that).

I decided to just jump in and learn as I go , so as you can imagine Ive been gettign mixed results. :)

jacknine,

Welcome to the forums! May I suggest you check out the Strategy and Tactics forum:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=69

There is many good informations to be had there, and feel free to ask any questions you have, there are always more questions to be asked here.

HI,

Picked up shock force at the weekend after playing the demo , am really enjoying it , I used to love playing close combat so this is right up my street :)

I just had a question regarding the javelin.

Last night I ordered my Jav squad to target a building , the Jav did fire , but the others also fired on it with their rifles , is there a way to get just the Jav to fire on his own?

thanks

You can select the squad and then in the Administration group of orders select Anti-tank team. This will break the squad into a Javelin team and a rest of the squad team. This would work well in your example. Downside is now you have two teams to maneuver the rest of the scenario.

Bobo