Kuniworth 10 year anniversary

Can you believe it. This month it's been 10 years since I stepped into this forum. The first 2 years was kind of a riot(well actually there was a real riot, the christmas riot back in 2002).

I've seen Lucky Elephants come and Lucky Zebras go, I've watched the reincarnation of Gaylord Focker a thousand fold, and I've been banned during the spring riot.

I've duelled with legendary swashbuckler Les the Sarge, and I've saw the unfair bannings of JerseyJohn and Jim Boggs(may he rest in peace) which made the case of Hurricane Carter look like a walk in the park.

I've been called a knucklehead by Madmatt and held the championship belt for most banned threads. And I've always dared to visit the general forum by myself.

I've howled at the MOON with Kwazi dog and I've actually was around when Zappsweden beat Terif.

I've seen FOW sniffers amerge, and I've seen the joy of winning the sc ryder cup

I've beaten Comrade Trapp many times, and I've please forgive disconnected some times near defeat.

I've been around to developed a scenario for the release of the weapons & warfare expansion and I've wasted too many times on making unit.bmp look good

I've been forced into excile and I've been to the rebel site Firebase Bastogne and finally brought back after pardon by the guv'nor Hubert.

But most of all since 2005 I've been waiting.

Checking in, checking out. Reading the latest warning of infringments in my private messages, praying for sc 3 news and dreaming of when I was young, prices were reasonable, games faster made and you could actually have an tcp/ip ladder in sc gaming.

It's been a hell of a ride. But now please with some sugar on top:

give me some news on sc3. At least before 20th anniversary please. :)

Kuniworth,

Epic post. Congrats on the decade thingy. Let me say that there are no 'official' updates on an SC3... but I can tell you that many of us Beta Bunnies have been hammering Hubert and Bill hard over the past 2 years with ideas, thoughts, imrpovments, suggestions... you name it for SC3. I personally have sent them both mountains of emails... I am confident SC3 is not far from their thoughts. Be patient my friend... and pray to the SC Gods for SC3.

abu

Gosh, we grew old.

Strange that most of the cryptic lines actually did make sense to me.

SC3, well, yes, that would be nice.

But for the time being i like SC WW1 very much, and it gets better with the breakthrough! expansion.

These little steps alone make it possible that there will be a SC3.

Time to live, to listen, to think, to create, and to improve.

And one day, when finally all puzzle piece come together, we will get the SC3 announcement.

SC3 has to be a big step forward. This needs time. This deserves time. I'm willing to wait for a game even better than all other SC releases (which were already very good).

Gosh, we grew old.

Strange that most of the cryptic lines actually did make sense to me.

SC3, well, yes, that would be nice.

But for the time being i like SC WW1 very much, and it gets better with the breakthrough! expansion.

These little steps alone make it possible that there will be a SC3.

Time to live, to listen, to think, to create, and to improve.

And one day, when finally all puzzle piece come together, we will get the SC3 announcement.

SC3 has to be a big step forward. This needs time. This deserves time. I'm willing to wait for a game even better than all other SC releases (which were already very good).

Xwormwood old friend. I just can't feel the ever lasting enthusiasm for world war 1 as you do. Yes we grown old, the irony of it all would be if Hubert dies of old age one week before completing a new game.

Im not even sure we could ever have the old community back. Back then it was like sailing the spanish main as a pirate at the height of piracy. Anything went, smack someone here, capture a treasure gallion there.

But then came the police. Judge Dredd spread fear and the age of community piracy declined. The hardcore gamers keept it going for a while. Then they died out and on came the new breed that never heard of JerseyJohn and it was all game and technical issues.

I miss going here when there were 10-15 new threads each day instead of just one as nowdays. And I also miss all the hillarious staff, the jokes and funny episodes. It may have been out of bounce sometimes but it created something important; friends.

Perhaps it's just me beeing nostalgic but I miss SC1 and I miss all the fun. Perhaps it's just life that passed me by.

Kuniworth, i absolutly feel you.

JerseyJohn, the funny topics, the smacking, and than the first, sometimes quite a bit to harsh reactions from Battlefronts very own M & M, yes, i miss that too.

And i surely hope that we all are alive and kicking when Hubert finally take the big leap forward with SC3.

But in the end i can sign your last two sentences. But i fear that the happy hunting times are gone, civilization took over.

I guess you can't plan things like the SC1 forum culture. But when everything gets cut down to "on topic", well, those bautiful flowers, they won't grow anymore under these circumstances.

The irony is, that SC 2 and SC WW1 / SC GC are so unbelievable much better than SC1, but the most fun in this forum took place while SC1 reigned (which was good as well, of course, else we wouldn't even had thought to come here in the first place). And so many great characters were only here during the SC1 period.

Time and civilization took its toll.

And even worse (to quote Savatage once more):

i wasted my time till time wasted me.

No need to get sad. It is about to appreciate what we do have. Great games.

A game series which will very soon take the next step (i presume that SC WW1 Breakthrough! is more or less the last release for the SC2 based game engine).

And while i wasted my time, Hubert and Bill didn't: their next breakthrough release will bring the whole game series once more several steps ahead.

Do you still have contact to SirJersey?

Buntaland is down for good, or is it still active?

I lost track after he closed it, reopened it, closed it, reopened it. After the last sudden and (as always) un-announced closure i left and deleted the link from my browser.

Sigh.

All I can say is a real sincere thanks for all the support we've received over the years, it does mean a lot to us, and we'll get there hopefully soon enough.

It is just one of these things that take time unfortunately and especially so ever since the games have become more in depth and detailed.... you all have Bill to thank for that :)

Kuni, not sure if were being serious about JerseyJohn, but if so I'm really sorry to hear that.

If so, SC has lost a very dynamic contributor and it surely saddens me, a silent moment for the beloved JJ, "sigh".:(

Hubert, take your time with SC3, Gold is so enjoyable, it'll keep me busy for years, but I am thinking about SC3 and in Kuni's terms, innovatively wise. The first thing it has going against innovation is the hexes format, not complaining, after all, why reinvent the wheel, but at first examination, SC3 will not stir an innovative thought from a lurking wargamer for potential purchase.

And after all, even though this is a labor of love, it's still about revenue!

Perhaps, it will come down to what's underneath the hex, the layer of customizing each individual hex could display, the foundation requires much thought.:)

Shall we discuss the ideas?

Well I have been around since SC1 and remember the wild west days of the forum. Egos unbarred could have been the Geraldo Riverra special on our forums , Kuni was ALWAYS in deep thinking and DEEP trouble, LOL. JJ, Sea Monkey, Xwormwood, les the sarge was a neat and volital group of battling brains.......we are all getting old, and older.

It has been a month of ages since I've been here and I come to find that there is an anniversary to celebrate. Congrats Kuni and I will always recall the website/blog that you posted which had numerous memorable quotes from some of the more vociferous members of this forum.

On now to concentrate on the upcoming Russian Civil War mod that will be coming with the WWI expansion!

Well I have been around since SC1 and remember the wild west days of the forum. Egos unbarred could have been the Geraldo Riverra special on our forums , Kuni was ALWAYS in deep thinking and DEEP trouble, LOL. JJ, Sea Monkey, Xwormwood, les the sarge was a neat and volital group of battling brains.......we are all getting old, and older.

Well, who would have imagined that this would turn out to become such a special thread!

:)

I'm giving the compliments (the neat and volital just as the old and older, eh, eh) right back to you, CSS.

:D