Individual soldiers rushing far off on their own

I've actually seen this behaviour, too - but in reverse. I recall i was playing a CMBN QB, and a member of an AT crew took off for the rear of the map. Bear in mind, this was PRIOR to any enemy contact, so could not have been the "morale system". The crazy thing was that he took the AT gun icon with him! so, IIRC, when i issued orders to him, the whole crew woudl be impacted. it was bizarre, but I don't remember the outcome or if it self-corrected. However, I've seen this more than once.

In a game I was playing recently I had a platoon mounting a truck, 1 guy refused to board and ran at full speed AWOL away from the transport towards the enemy lines.

He eventually got killed 950m away from his unit.

Meanwhile, his mates and the truck refused to move, because not everyone was on board.......

Be glad that the driver didn't follow him. :D

I have had pinheads do this too, but rarely. Unfortunately I just had it happen in the CMBN campaign I am playing. I gave a short quick move to a scout team. One guy went where he was he was ordered to, and the other ran straight toward the enemy till he got killed. They were not broken, or in the red, but believe they were perhaps rattled. My only conclusion it is a path finding bug that happens now and then.

ok, playing the Game today it happend to me also.

What i seen and might cause to it was following.

Soldiers from a HMG Unit moving to desired position, 2 soldiers try to find the best spot tight behind each other, when first soldiers stops as he found position, second soldier behind him moves further occupying the others soldiers place, now first soldier is moving again because his spot is now occupied by soldiers #2 soldier 2 is keeps also moving because the spot is not free as soldier 1 is still here. so u end up like a snake movement.

Soldier 1 move stop gets bounced by soldier 2 and moves on rinse repeat........until they die or scenario ends.....