Battlefront can you make the custom hotkeys more flexible?

First of all, this is my first combat mission game and I think it's great so far!

I play most games using hotkeys and the system now is okay but also rather limited at the same time.

I like using the direct hotkeys and I'd like to be able to bind alot of keys that are currently not bindable. 1-9 seem to be allowed but then they dont work. I assigned 1 for move but when pressing 1 all that happens is the camera changes and there doesn't seem to be a way to unbind the camera hotkeys on 1-9. Also being able to bind f1-f4 would be useful.

Tried using modifiers but as far as I can tell it's not possible? Allowing modifiers would be great because assigning hotkeys for most orders gets a little cluttered and a lot of keys are required. For example I'm using Q for cover arc. Allowing me to bind Shift+Q for Armor arc would be really convenient instead of finding another key for it. The same could be used for alot of orders, E for quick, shift+E for fast, Target and target briefly, etc. etc.

Don't know if this is a hard thing to implement and I understand if there are some issues preventing this. All I'm saying is if it doesn't require too much effort and there could be some improvements made, it would be much appreciated by me and maybe some others as well

Alright back to the game :)

Tried using modifiers but as far as I can tell it's not possible? Allowing modifiers would be great because assigning hotkeys for most orders gets a little cluttered and a lot of keys are required. For example I'm using Q for cover arc. Allowing me to bind Shift+Q for Armor arc would be really convenient instead of finding another key for it. The same could be used for alot of orders, E for quick, shift+E for fast, Target and target briefly, etc. etc.

They have to be characters, and shift+e is just E and the game doesn't care about capitalization. But you can use other characters that you can produce with your keyboard with or without shift or alt. Eg. §½!"#¤%&/\()=?@£$€{[]}|<>,.;:-_ should all work. If you still run out of hotkeys then I don't know what!!! :)

P.S. A helpful tip: don't bind anything to Bail Out. You're only going to accidentally hit it when you shouldn't, and then you do something that causes you to buy a new keyboard and repair the window.

You're not the first to want more hotkeys :) The UI is an ongoing thing and there have, I believe, been intimations that v3 will see a serious overhaul of its features. for now though, you're stuck with a subset or the alpha/numeric/punctuiation keys.

The "alternate Hotkeys" setup is a pretty good default start for direct interface. There are plenty of letters for all the commands you want to keybind (you don't want to bind Bail, or the admin commands, for example, since they're instant things that you can't undo).

P.S. A helpful tip: don't bind anything to Bail Out. You're only going to accidentally hit it when you shouldn't, and then you do something that causes you to buy a new keyboard and repair the window.

That's the same conclusion I reached. I have never accidentally bailed, but why take a chance? If I really want a crew to bail, a mouse click will serve just as well.

Michael

General rant: software that sacrifices the use of key plus {shift|control|alt|meta|super|hyper} annoy me, they usually dump that because it's easier to make portable software that way. I mean I like multiplatform but still.

What we should have is emacs style prefix keys.

General rant: software that sacrifices the use of key plus {shift|control|alt|meta|super|hyper} annoy me, they usually dump that because it's easier to make portable software that way. I mean I like multiplatform but still.

What we should have is emacs style prefix keys.

To be clear, CMx2 doesn't sacrifice the use of key combos. You just cant use them for anything custom... or can you in BI? With the new hotkey definition interface?