You know you're playing too much CMBN when

I understood in happier times Finnish women went to the Canaries for winter "sports". : )

But they sound fun:

How to Marry a Finnish Girl

by Phil Schwarzmann

All the secrets about Finland and the Finns are finally revealed in HOW TO MARRY A FINNISH GIRL: Everything You Wanted to Know about Finland that Finns Won’t Tell You. Simply buying this book guarantees that you will:

- Make Out with Your First Finnish Girl in 24 Hours (or less!)

- Move to Finland in a city that doesn’t contain the word “poo”

- Land a Job that Makes Your Finnish In-Laws Proud

- Not Only Speak Finnish Fluently, but Teach it too

- Get on the Front Page of a Major Finnish Tabloid

- Identify a Finn on holiday in the Canary Islands

I understood in happier times Finnish women went to the Canaries for winter "sports". : )

But they sound fun:

Pffft, Canaries are basically part of Finland by now, everyone escapes there from the ****ty winters that are mostly raining than snowing thanks to global warming.

We'll see if Finland gets its own vacation islands when Greece fails to pay it's debts.

"There's not much difference of things that you could do in your free time between any 1st world countries."

It's a nice country but it is like living in a rural society. Yes, there are restaurants, clubs, movies etc. But, very few choices compared to most cities in other west european countries. And I don't recall much to do in Lahti to Kuopio at all. (The military museum, and seeing the Finnish army training with T-something or others was fun.)

I will say this much, the things you can do in Tokyo are QUITE different than after hours entertainment in San Francisco...

enough said on that topic, there are impressionable youngsters around here.

Indeed.. I was in the Navy (submarines), and I went all over the Pacific. One thing that struck me was how much more.. liberal.. other countries were with their nightlife and various activities - as compared to the US. The US is so uptight and what people think is wild nightlife is absolutely tame by most other developed countries' standards.