What are Halftracks 4 60mm HEAT rounds 4?

Manual pages 161/162 shows 4 HEAT rounds in each of the halftracks - are these bazooka rockets for any passing stranger to help themselves to?

Supplementary questions - do tanks have keys? And if so who keeps them - driver or commander? Any joy riding allowed?

yes US Army HTs have a bazooka and 4 HEAT rounds on board. can't answer for the keys ;) both commander and driver can drive if they are the original crew of the HT.

Another more important question would be if BF has implemented immersion heaters for british tanks (for cooking tea) and how this affects efficiency of british troops when a scenarion plays at afternoon tea time :)

altipueri,

60 mm = 2.36 inches, which is not only the bore of a bazooka, but I learned from my uncle, who served in WW II, that you could unscrew the HEAT warhead and screw on a 60mm mortar warhead in its place. The result was a weapon perfect for street fighting. Instead of firing at the wall below the window, you could now fire the round through the window and have it detonate on the first interior wall. Really brought the pain!

Regards,

John Kettler

Thank you for your replies.

John, you appear from other posts to be experiencing some of the frustrations with CMx2 that I am. I have gone right back to the training missions - hence having the manual to hand, so as to give the game another chance with an open mind.

On page 21 of the manual it says you can take the trucks for a joyride so I drove over the cabbage patch just for the hell of it. So childish, but finally gave me a smile even though the cabbages seemed pretty resiliant.

Hence, got on to wondering whether tanks had keys.

Thank you for your replies.

<snipped>

Hence, got on to wondering whether tanks had keys.

Not in the American Army. US vehicles had open access ignition switches (turn on / turn off); no keys used. Units locked their vehicles in garrison or motor parks with chains and/or padlocks; basically used for securing unattended equipment. Wheeled/open cab vehicle operators wrapped a chain between steering wheel spokes and a cabin latch/lug strut which they then secured with a keyed padlock. Armored vehicle hatches could be kept closed and secured by padlock through exterior bolt-holes fastened where hatch met frame. Such practices remain in effect today.

In combat, we don't need no stinking keys . . . . !

Good hunting!

This one is killing me, I have visions of a driver walking out into the vehicle park hitting the button on his key ring and waiting for the headlights to flash...now where did we park? (as he looks at several hundred nearly identical vehicles in the dark...LOL

This one is killing me, I have visions of a driver walking out into the vehicle park hitting the button on his key ring and waiting for the headlights to flash...now where did we park? (as he looks at several hundred nearly identical vehicles in the dark...LOL

Probably why they painted pet names on the side.

;)

Michael

reminds me of my army days. every time my driver asked me which car he should take i told him "the green one" ;)

and every time the tank gets hit the alarm goes off..