Interested in this, a few questions if I may...

Hello

I am interested in SC but I am wondering how complicated it is in terms of gameplay and expecially the micro-management involved. Is this similar to the Heart of Iron series in that respect?

Aslo, I presume from the screenshots I have seen you can choose between 3d type and strategic counters for units?

Is there a research tree, for example can I have variants of the aircraft, tanks etc? Also does it go into the future weapons that didn't see combat in 1945 but might have been available in later years.

Then is the Gold bundle the difinitive version to get?

Thanks in advance,

G

1) SC series is awesome. There's not alot of micro-management relative to other games. The playing menus and such are easy to pick-up on and intuitive.

2) Yes, you pick between different types of units. I'm old school, still using the 2D with classical views. I'm sure there are ppl here that have made their own too.

3) There's reseach trees and such (huge topic) of course. The standard default system works well. There's also an editor if you want modifications.

Personally, when I game, I don't want a homework assignment or project. It's about playing, making up strategies, etc.

SC is the product,

-Legend

Hey Gian, there is no, I repeat... no...other game in this scale that has less micromanagement. We have escalated a bit over the years with additional functions, but most have added to the depth of play and not the complication.

Mr. Cater is probably the definitive designer of this genre and SC3 will be the culmination of his and Bill's excellent decision making skills for intuitive mechanics. You might as well acquire SC GC Gold and get familiar with this gameplay. I promise it will be life enhancing, not to mention the great monetary value.

You're wasting life's time without it!:confused:

Hello

I am interested in SC but I am wondering how complicated it is in terms of gameplay and expecially the micro-management involved. Is this similar to the Heart of Iron series in that respect?

Aslo, I presume from the screenshots I have seen you can choose between 3d type and strategic counters for units?

Is there a research tree, for example can I have variants of the aircraft, tanks etc? Also does it go into the future weapons that didn't see combat in 1945 but might have been available in later years.

Then is the Gold bundle the difinitive version to get?

Thanks in advance,

G

It is not at all like Heart of Iron. SC is as easy and accessible just like Panzer General. No micromanagement.

You can choose betweend 3D and 2D units, it is your decision.

Yes, there is a research tree. You don't research specific aircrafts or tanks, but tech levels. Each level changes the look (and the combat abilities) of your units.

Techs go into the future, but not too far. So you can get or will see american or russian or japanese jet fighter, Pershing or JS III tanks, if you just research long and successful enough.

There are of course campaigns which start in 1949 (cold war) with different units, but those are not all in the standard 1939 campaign.

The Gold bundel is the definitve version to get, yes, but if you like WW1 (or are curious about it), you should get SC The Great War 1914-1918, which is pretty awesome.

But don't listen to what we tell you, download the demo, and play for yourself. I have a feeling that you won't get dissapointed.

Or read some of the AARs which you can find here (where you get many pictures of the gameplay and interesting strategy informations).

Many thanks all the for informative replies. I did get the Gold Bundle. I have not had to much time on my hands to delve into it much, but I am looking at doing that soon.

So far from what I have seen it is just up my ally.

Again many thanks for the replies.

I might have a few more questions once I started getting into the thick of things...

Oh, silly question, but does the late war heavy tanks for Germany for example have a Tiger icon or is it a generic tank icon, I guess what I am wondering does the icons change with accurate unit representations as you research and deploy different units.

Thanks again all,

G

Hi Gian

You're right, the tank icons (and aircraft icons too) will change as you research and upgrade them. Thus if you see the enemy has Tigers and you've only got T-28s, then you're going to have a tough fight on your hands!