New file at the Repository: Kampfgruppe Engel - No barbed wire (2012-04-23)

This is the official Kampfgruppe Engel campaign, with one difference: Barbed Wire has been removed from all scenarios to accommodate players who have been experiencing certain crashes.Place the contents of this zip file into your Campaigns folder. This will appear in your campaign list as "Kampfgruppe Engel Wireless". It will not write over your original Kampfgruppe Engel campaign files or any save files.

More...

Which scenarios were causing problems? I'm starting scenario #6 with no problems yet (but I don't recall seeing barbed wire so far).

Only a relatively small proportion of people actually have the problem, as far as I can tell, but for them it was making the campaign unplayable at times.

I only used barbed wire in very small amounts, so it's not surprising if you didn't notice it.

I believe scenarios 1, 2, 7, and 8 had wire in them.

Am really enjoying the campaign btw.

I do wish that you had a % recovery for each mission. The total replacement in scenario #4(?) was a bit strange. But, I find it hard to keep my KT from getting gun hits that turn it into a mobile MG bunker every time I get it. Would prefer to have some repair of my armor each mission.

You will only get the crash if you load from a save before the mission starts (i.e. in the setup phase). So you can get around it by hitting the red button and then saving, but it's still annoying that you can't readjust your setup without going back to the prior mission first. It also makes scenarios with wire totally unplayable for PBEM.

I always save my set-up phase of a campaign mission as <Filename Battle # SETUP> as I often exit and reload the SETUP file to complete the setup.

Never had a problem. So maybe I just was lucky(?)

I guess you were. As mentioned the game only crashes when you press the red "go" button after you have loaded a save file of the setup phase. So if you just saved and pressed go there wouldn´t be any crash.