Hello?

Canuck

• 3 weeks later...

KR,

I wasn't driven away; I suffered a total life implosion, from which I'm only now after years beginning to emerge. I played no CM of any sort for several years (too debilitated and overloaded), and until I got the CMBN Demo (have played 2.5 games) had played only a couple of scenarios of Steel Typhoon, covering the second half of the Pacific War (first was Rising Sun) for Command at Sea, naval war with miniatures or cardboard overhead view counters, with my brother and a couple of his friends. Ed is one of the trio (Larry Bond (yes, the technothriller writer) and Chris Carlson being the others) responsible for those two, Fear God & Dread Nought, Harpoon and other goodies. I've got several scenarios in Steel Typhoon. Also, did a hypothetical battleship/battlecruiser confrontation and discovered the German naval 88s--the 11" on the Scharnhorst & Gniesenau & the Bismarck's 15" shot one range band lower than the British 15" and 16" guns, making for painful engagements. Had no idea those guns had such high velocities. The British are lucky the Bismarck lost the main director and aft director early in the actual clash, for it could've been really bloody otherwise. She'd just straddled the King George V when her director was torn off.

Don't know how active I'll be able to be in the future here and on the CMBN Forum, given my very active, demanding blog, releasing a stunning new E-book, handling PR for same, doing Internet & radio interviews, etc. That said, I AM making progress in learning to play the game and have posted in several BFC Forums, on a bunch of topics.

Regards,

John Kettler

Bigduke6,

Thanks! Made my day! Am very glad I got here just in time for the Mac version of CMBN. I find it somewhat perverse that dev is done on Macs, yet the Mac faithful have to wait and wait for their version to be released. I remember the halcyon days of yore in which release was simultaneous.

Regards,

John Kettler

Michael Emrys,

I know CMSF did not have simultaneous release, for there are threads wondering when the OS X 10 version would/will be out, and I got the impression the Mac version of CMBN came out a year after the PC version, but maybe I misread something? So many of the BFC games are PC only, and that saddens me.

Regards,

John Kettler

KR,

I wasn't driven away; I suffered a total life implosion, from which I'm only now after years beginning to emerge. I played no CM of any sort for several years (too debilitated and overloaded), and until I got the CMBN Demo (have played 2.5 games) had played only a couple of scenarios of Steel Typhoon, covering the second half of the Pacific War (first was Rising Sun) for Command at Sea, naval war with miniatures or cardboard overhead view counters, with my brother and a couple of his friends. Ed is one of the trio (Larry Bond (yes, the technothriller writer) and Chris Carlson being the others) responsible for those two, Fear God & Dread Nought, Harpoon and other goodies. I've got several scenarios in Steel Typhoon. Also, did a hypothetical battleship/battlecruiser confrontation and discovered the German naval 88s--the 11" on the Scharnhorst & Gniesenau & the Bismarck's 15" shot one range band lower than the British 15" and 16" guns, making for painful engagements. Had no idea those guns had such high velocities.

That's the kind of total life implosion I could be happy with. Actually, by that measure it seems my life has been imploding for years. Who knew?