New screenshots

Guest Big Time Software

Guest Big Time Software

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm feeling verklempt, talk amongst yourselves... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Buddy, I had just recovered from Brian's funny post, then you ended with this line smile.gif I'm sure many of our international gamers won't get this, but it is truly a classic line smile.gif

As for the battlefield crud all over the place... yup. Battlefields were VERY messy places. Crap all over the place, from personal gear, to pieces of vehicles, to pieces of humans and animals. But each and every one of these things would require polygons and VRAM to depict. On the scale of system needs, this ranks way down there. Still, we will probably be able to add stuff like this in the future.

Steve

Great! A lot of times I'll just post something that I think would be cool in the game -

for historical accuracy, realism or just eye-candy! I concede that I have no idea

what it takes to program something like this...I just thought that maybe, just maybe,

once a vehicle has been destroyed then the engine would be able to access a static

graphic of a totally fubar'd vehicle carcus. "For God sakes, Jim, I'm a graphic designer, not a combat sim programmer!"

(Verklempt taken from a Saturday night live skit with Mike Myers playing some New Jersey talk show lady or something...)

Guest Big Time Software

If he was, it was the wrong Army. If I have it right he would have been in the service of the Great Nation of Kiwi smile.gif Keeping his nation safe for me until I get a chance to hit his beaches with the wife ("planned" 2001 vacation to NZ and AU I kid you not smile.gif)

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 09-18-99).]

Sorry Chris but Steve is correct, Defending the beaches from the invading horde of holiday makers.

It’s a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Steve,

Great to hear you are venturing down under for the Hols… Pres Clinton seemed to have enjoyed himself while he was here.

You should drop me a line when you get closer to the time.

Hey Ithai (hope I spelled it correctly), I was feeling pretty studly with my dual Celeron 400's under NT with the new Abit BP-6 motherboard. Then a guy at work one-ups me by doing the same upgrade motherboard, but dropping in dual Celeron 500's. Celerons use the same SMP capable core as the PII, although Intel plans to tweak the Celeron core, rendering it non-SMP, since dual Celeron machine setups were killing PII and PIII sales...

For apps that make use of multi-processors, that is a killer machine. For multi-processors, all I'm hoping is that CM will use em if it sees em (hint hint).

[This message has been edited by Herr Oberst2 (edited 09-18-99).]

Well, for picture 1 I'd simply laugh. There wasn't enough fuel on the Western Front to MOVE that many Tiger IIs in combat hehe.

As for picture 2: Laugh and ask where are all the crew? Anyway those had such thin armour they weren't all that much of a threat. Nice guns but you could penetrate them comfortably.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest John Pender

Hull:

front 200 mm @32, side 80 mm @0 rear 80 mm @0

top 30 mm, bottom 20 mm.

Fighting compartment:

front 170 mm @30, side 90 mm @30

Source: U.S. War Dep handbook o German forces