Open Test - Armour, penetration, range & Calibre mod

This is an open beta test for a CMSF vehicle and weapon silhouettes mod.

It covers all modules, and a lot of CMA.

To save reinventing the wheel, this mod is based on Scipio's most excellent coloured units and weapons mods. I have deliberately chosen to only include changed items, so you must install Scipio's mods first.

Scipio's Full Coloured Weapon Icons v1.30a

Scipio's Full Colour Unit v1.30b

Scipio has released these mods under a CreativeCommons By-Nc-Sa License, so this must apply to this mod as well.

explain.png

explain-weapon.png

vehicle-style.png

weapon-style.png

Vehicles are available in coloured or red-green colourblind versions.

Weapons are available in Scipio compatible, yellow for wounded, range, and range+calibre versions - all in either coloured or red-green colourblind versions.

Test files are here:

vehicle silhouettes

weapon silhouettes

You need to unzip these files and put ONE of the vehicle .brz and ONE of the weapon .brz into your z folder.

If you try another version, make sure you remove the other .brz.

This is a test, so please comment here about any errors or problems or questions.

The info in this mod is very much an informed best-guess set of data, compiled from a large set of reference material, especially my numerous copies of Jane's. Hopefully I haven't made too many mistakes. But I'm open to revising data IF the argument is backed up with real data and sources. I'm not interested in changing data based on feelings and favorites, ok?

This mod has languished for nearly a year due to CMBN commitments, so I thought I'd better finish it. However I don't have CMA so I can't generate some of the required vehicle silhouettes, and will need some help.

Hey these are really much appreciated Marco... I will have to go back and see if I already use the Scipio mods. Maybe I'll just reinstall everything fresh into my Z just to be sure - as I tend to mix and match.

I recall asking if you could improve the "call for fire support" buttons also (esp for CMBN) - I forget what they look like for CMSF and CMA. I find Juju's to be too dark and strange looking. I think your small arms, vehicles and aircraft look better.

So, any chance? (Pleeeease.)

I have Scipio's Silhouettes 1.30b and Scipio's gy (green yellow) 1.30a and 1.30b

You have linked to a

Did you mean b or do we need to use a?

The files linked to are the only ones I could find on the repository, so that's what I linked.

I suggest you drop my files into the z directory and see what happens. I'm picking it'll work fine. The main requirement is some form of Scipio's included UI bits installed.

I have 186 replacement vehicle silhouettes and 250 replacement weapons silhouettes, but haven't bothered with support, air support, UI general stuff, etc.

The mod will run perfectly without *anything* of Scipio's installed, but will look rather mismatched to the console area.

1 hour test of Armour, penetration, range & Calibre mod. I was firing up different CMSF & Marines scenarios and all looked and worked fine for me. I am running the game in XP3 boot camp on a 2009 Mac. Thanks Marco and Scipio for all your most excellent mods.

Buzz

The range+calibre version seems most useful to me. Already indicated I was sometimes shooting outside the small arms effective rage.

What does the "weapon" with the red cross and yellow for wounded versions indicate?

Buzz

What does the "weapon" with the red cross and yellow for wounded versions indicate?

Only the armour penetration of the weapons (grenade launchers & AT).

Some people like the red-cross icon for wounded. However I went to yellow-background for my mods because there just isn't enough room for the red cross icon as well as all the other stuff. I'm not sure that anybody will ever use the yellow-background plain version, but it came for free, as it were, as a consequence of how I made the textures so I thought I might as well include it.

I'm picking that most people will go for range or range+cal versions.

Thanks for the explaination.

"I'm picking that most people will go for range or range+cal versions."

I bet you are correct as well. Knowing the effective range of the weapon made it clear why some units were not winning a 300 meter fight when they were limited to an effective 200 meter range.