CW Buron - Sticking it out (no spoilers)

I designed both Buron scens. Feel free to PM me if you want, or we can talk about it more here. :)

Good to know. My friend and I are starting with "The Main Event" we figured it was a good idea to take the town before fighting off the counter attack:)

I quite like the idea of a little series of related scenarios. We only just started so the only comment I have right now is - holy cow those fields are wide open. Closing to contact is going to be fun (not). He says as he calls in the smoke...

Good to know. My friend and I are starting with "The Main Event" we figured it was a good idea to take the town before fighting off the counter attack:)

I quite like the idea of a little series of related scenarios. We only just started so the only comment I have right now is - holy cow those fields are wide open. Closing to contact is going to be fun (not). He says as he calls in the smoke...

Unfortunately, if you are playing it H2H, I would recommend against playing "Sticking it Out." It's fine vs. AI, but we didn't get time to finish testing it H2H before the module shipped. Unfortunately, we found that the German player has a much easier time of it in "Sticking it Out" than I intended, so I'd only recommend that you play it H2H if one of you is the dramatically better player. :(

Unfortunately, if you are playing it H2H, I would recommend against playing "Sticking it Out." It's fine vs. AI, but we didn't get time to finish testing it H2H before the module shipped. Unfortunately, we found that the German player has a much easier time of it in "Sticking it Out" than I intended, so I'd only recommend that you play it H2H if one of you is the dramatically better player. :(

Hmmm Pity this was not noted as I have just played it H2H and I as the Germans the Allies were woefully outclassed and we did not get very far through before my oppo surrendered.

This is with the Germans Counter attacking. I would give the Canadians to the stronger player with the understanding that it is going to be very very tough!!

There needs to be some tweaks on the VP levels but the overall idea and challenge for the German player is an interesting one.... Just a tad imbalanced IMO.

And I mentioned this on another thread but the use of bocage in the town is perhaps not realistic but it is maybe needed for the defender? The scenario is a rough gem with a bit more polish (if you feel so inclined) it would shine....

As you say better for playing vs AI. Not sure if playing as Allied vs AI would still not be too great a challenge as I rarely play vs AI so do not know how the German Ai would handle the attack?

I just looked at the Main Event scenario, the Axis scenario set up zone needs tweaking IMO, there are areas that the Axis cannot set up in that they should be able to, similar to the Allied set up zone in Sticking it out, also i would change the terrain objectives to a few smaller ones rather than the one massive one, which will be easily contested and therefore make any points allocated to it null and void, my suggestion would be to allocate small terrain objectives to key buildings like the church for example and the large three storey building in the town centre.

Hmmm Pity this was not noted as I have just played it H2H and I as the Germans the Allies were woefully outclassed and we did not get very far through before my oppo surrendered.

This is with the Germans Counter attacking. I would give the Canadians to the stronger player with the understanding that it is going to be very very tough!!

There needs to be some tweaks on the VP levels but the overall idea and challenge for the German player is an interesting one.... Just a tad imbalanced IMO.

I agree. I'm very sorry that it wasn't tweaked for H2H balance. It was tested extensively vs. AI so it should work fine for either side there, but the H2H testing results came in too late to make it into the shipped product. This is on me, and I do apologize. :(

VS Ai played both time and really enjoyed it!

Any plan for a campaing of 3rd can. inf. div?

Haha, ironically, that was what these scens started out as (which is one reason why I think the second is imbalanced for H2H, as it was never originally intended to be playable as the Germans vs anyone! :D). However, for a number of reasons, I decided not to finish the campaign and convert these into standalones. I will be releasing a CW campaign for playtesters soon, but it's not about the Canadians.

VS Ai played both time and really enjoyed it!

Any plan for a campaing of 3rd can. inf. div?

I'm just starting a H2H umpireless / paperless CM operation with a CM friend of mine that covers the Allied attack on Buron.

What we intend to do is sub contract any surplus CM battles that occur to other players, you won't have to sign up or join a forum or anything like that, all you need to do is say you are willing to play and, when the time comes, your CO will simply add a briefing to the CM battle explaining the operational situation, the battle will be a standard PBEM game against another player on the opposing side.

If you are interested tell me what side you want to play and i will put you on a list, at the moment i have three players who are willing, so you would be the fourth, it could be some time before you get to fight a CM battle, it depends on how many CM battles that the operation creates, however i can guarantee you will play at some point and when you do it will be a unique experience, as it will be part of a larger H2H operation and not just a one off game.

Haha, ironically, that was what these scens started out as (which is one reason why I think the second is imbalanced for H2H, as it was never originally intended to be playable as the Germans vs anyone! :D). However, for a number of reasons, I decided not to finish the campaign and convert these into standalones. I will be releasing a CW campaign for playtesters soon, but it's not about the Canadians.

Did you get the PM i sent you ?

I agree. I'm very sorry that it wasn't tweaked for H2H balance. It was tested extensively vs. AI so it should work fine for either side there, but the H2H testing results came in too late to make it into the shipped product. This is on me, and I do apologize. :(

NP for me.... My oppo was none too happy but I have offered to play it back the other way so he can kick me....

:)

I recognise it is really tough to test for H2H play and it takes longer. I don't want to sound negative as I do appreciate the level of effort that goes into these scenarios.

It was good that you mentioned it was good for HtH play / AI not all the scenarios mentioned this in the new module and I think having such text really helps the players choose what to have a crack at with their limited time.

So thanks for the work and I hope to play some more of your designs...

Cheers

H

Any plans on tweaking it and offering a "Sticking it out Redux" that is good for H2H play?

You are a psychic. I just finished it. Can any volunteers for playtesting it H2H to make sure that this version IS balanced please send me a PM containing your email address?

Excellent. My main PBEM opponent and I are currently just getting going on "The Main Event" and it will take us a while to finish (he is on holidays for a while right in the middle). So it will be a few weeks before we get to play Sticking it out. I would love to help out - but I doubt you will want to wait for us.

Thanks

I"m playing both H2H. Got slaughtered in Main Event as defender (only 5 guys still alive). I am attacking on Sticking it Out, and it is way too easy. I just told my opponent we should cease-fire.

Would you be interested in testing a new version that should be more balanced? If so, please send me a PM. :)

• 2 months later...