Question before buying

I have noticed in some Vid Replays that the tress seem to be swaying and there is longer grass etc.

Is there a patch for CMBN for these things or do i only get them via getting the new module ?

And are there any other things that are notable that stand out that buying the module would change the game dramatically besides the added side of the Brits

Regards

Mike

A new patch? Truely!! I had i look but didn't find anything :(

Also i have a HUGE amount of mods for CMBN are there any that stand out that HAVE big problems with the new module that i should remove?

The ONLY patch that i see was released on 2011-08-22 no other new patches for the base game is on the Downloads/Patches area

Regards

Mike

The CMBN 1.10 stand-alone patch has NOT been released yet. It's supposed to be out in a week or so. Presently, the only way to get 1.10 is to install the CW module.

Trees will sway if the were is strong enough wind and the camera is close enough to them. I have not noticed longer grass, but increasing the 3D detail setting (or whatever it's called) will increase the amount of grass displayed.

A new patch? Truely!! I had i look but didn't find anything :(

Also i have a HUGE amount of mods for CMBN are there any that stand out that HAVE big problems with the new module that i should remove?

The ONLY patch that i see was released on 2011-08-22 no other new patches for the base game is on the Downloads/Patches area

Regards

Mike

There will be a patch soon. It will be free :). As for the mods, most modders are working on updates to make everything compatible. They only mods that were truly incompatible was Vinnart's animated text mod. And some of the UI mods looked half complete because of the addition of CW forces. Most mods however will function normally.

In addiiton to the CW units and the patch (but the patch you can get for free) you also have a decent number of Battle maps and full campaigns that come with the module.

Is all this worth 35$? Meh, probably not strictly speaking if you compare it with the vanilla game price. If you compare CW plain with what other enterteinment options you may have for 35$ (and if you consider what you have already paid for the base game a sunk cost) CW still wins hand down in terms of time spent and replayability specially if you will be playing those new Battles and/or campaigns, so I bought it. Just my opinion though.

Asuming you keep playing all along the series (base game plus 2 modules) and that they release a module per year at that price one could consider the CMBN series like a free game with a monthly subscription fee of somewhere around 4 to 5 USD (3 year period)... :) way to spin costs!

I have noticed in some Vid Replays that the tress seem to be swaying and there is longer grass etc.

Is there a patch for CMBN for these things or do i only get them via getting the new module ?

And are there any other things that are notable that stand out that buying the module would change the game dramatically besides the added side of the Brits

Regards

Mike

I think the trees sway in the wind. Maybe their scenarios have wind settings of "gale force". Either that or perhaps they have better graphics card than you. My rig/video card barely meets spec and all settings are at low end. Its not about the eye candy - it's all about the game play.

You need to find out "who's grass mod they are using?" . Remember to ask that question on every post with a screen shot.:D Either that or use the scenario editor to see the different types (heights) of grass available and find some good grass mods.

The other game changes will be provided a CMBN (basic) patch. Typically out within a few weeks, when a new CW demo is also released.