Defending in buildings

Hello Viajero,I posted the results but forget where. I also started a thread in the "maps and mods" section of the forum suggesting that it would be very helpful if a mod was made to some how mark the bullet resistant structures with some sort of identifying mark. In the tests that I ran I used a US squad vs a German squad of approximately equal firepower. One squad was in the open and the other in a building. I ran it several times with 9 separate buildings, alternating the squads. I noted that in the editor in "individual" buildings, counting the buildings from left to right, that buildings 1 thru 6 offered little or no cover and some were worse than being in the open. Buildings 8,9 and 12 offered good cover. I stopped there since I would be unable to translate my findings into useful info because of the identification problem. This leads me to believe that what we are seeing in CW is the selection of bullet proof buildings in the new scenarios. Hope this helps. Maybe BF could chime in and confirm or refute my assumption that buildings have not been made more bullet resistant.

... I also started a thread in the "maps and mods" section of the forum suggesting that it would be very helpful if a mod was made to some how mark the bullet resistant structures with some sort of identifying mark.

... Hope this helps. Maybe BF could chime in and confirm or refute my assumption that buildings have not been made more bullet resistant.

Such a mod would indeed be great yes! A great way to really be able to identify the protection given by each building type. Something that can help showing the relative and/or absolute cover offered.

In CMx1 it was pretty obvious to differentiate building types and this was never raised as an issue. CMBN apparently larger building vairety adds a an additional complexity layer to the equation no doubt.

are the way to clear buildings now, especially against US and German forces who can't use their AT weapons inside a building. Clearing house to house with just infantry is ugly unless you have overwhelming numbers.

Another option is to use an MG in its own building to suppress. Say you're clearing a two story building that may or may not be occupied. Have the MG pour fire into the bottom floor for a minute or two to suppress. Then simultaneous switch the MG to rake the upper floor while assaulting the suppressed bottom floor with a squad.