Where do I get the Patch for the original game

I have to wait until Friday until I can purchase the CW module. But first, I want to continue my PBEM games I have currently running. Where do I find the 1.10 patch? Both of my opponents have upgraded... does that mean they have purchased CW, or does it mean that they have found the patch elsewhere?

I am not an idiot, but I am so excited to play my next turn that I can't think straight. Where the heck can I download this patch? MY MEN NEED ME! :(

And I have seen several times that this patch (for the original vanilla game) will be coming out soon... so its not out yet? * I really hope that it is, because it would be odd if I'd have to wait. Or purchase CW, to keep up with my opponents in the vanilla games we are playing.

* after speaking with someone on the brilliant third party chat and gaming platform known as steam, I had some reiterate the "approx. 14 days" comment. Well I'm glad that in Battlefront's, or whoever is directly in charge of this game, eyes', I am a second class gamer. I don't like the precedence that has been set. (I know people were waiting forever for the CW module to come out... but really? I have to wait up to two weeks to continue my games... unless I purchase CW. I hope this didn't come from the same brilliant minds who decided that modules were for content and not interface improvements. Smacks of corporate horse manure. Please tell me I am wrong, and direct me to a link.

Oh, and for those of you who think I am being impatient (although I clearly am...) let me rephrase my statement above: I have to wait until Friday until I can even entertain the idea of spending my disposable income on this game. So in reality, it might be another couple weeks until I can budget this CW module.

They probably should not have upgraded without consulting you. And given that it is easy to have both an un-patched and a fully patched game installed along side each other there really is no need for them to go all in like that.

I suggest respectfully suggesting that they replay their last turn back in the old game.

I have one opponent who has declined upgrading our current PBEM and I am fine with that - I have both games installed and my file management program is happy to manage files for both games. So right now I have three games going using the 1.01 game and two with the 1.10 game.

I don't think there's any additional fixing going into the patch...

The intent of the new module release is the new module content, and any possible fixes. Next step is to factor out the new content and release just the fixes as a patch for those not purchasing the module.

Exactly as I would do it were I doing the planning. After all, the folks buying the next module have antied up additional revenue for the company.

If BFC were really trying to wrest all the money they could from you, they wouldn't offer the patch without the content.

If some fraction of folks don't have the patience to wait, well, that's just a bonus for them if you buy the module to get the fixes.

Having been involved as a customer of BFC since my pre-order for CMBO waaaay back when, I have no issues with how they run their delivery schedule.