AKD's Sound Mod Version 2.0 for CMBN v1.10 and Commonwealth Forces

akd

*COMPATIBLE WITH CMBN V1.10 AND CMBN COMMONWEALTH FORCES MODULE*

The latest version of my sound mod is made specifically for Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy v1.10 and the Commonwealth Forces module. If you have not updated to version 1.10 of CMBN or installed the Commonwealth Forces module, you will be missing a number of new firing sounds for small arms. This version of the Sound Mod is also not intended for use with any version of CM:SF or CM:A (use AKD Sound Mod v1.2 for these titles).

To install, simply add "ZBase_AKDSM_v2.brz" to your "Data" or "Data\Z" folder in your root CMBN directory. If you are already using another sound mod, remove entirely from your Data folder (my recommendation as a starting point) or follow the instructions below for using multiple mods, but be aware that files from sound mods made for v1.01 or earlier of the game will not cleanly overwrite all files from this mod (or vice versa) due to revision and expansion of weapon assignments to unique .wav files in v1.10.

*A note on CM mod file structure: the .brz files are added to the game in alphanumeric order. If you want the sounds from another sound mod to be used over sounds in AKDSM, simply add the prefix "ZZ" to that mod's file/folder. If you wish to further customize AKDSM or mix with another sound mod, unpack the .brz files using the tools located in the "Mod Tools" folder in your root CM directory.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents

ZBase_AKDSM_v2.brz - contains universal sounds like bullet hits, zips etc. and shots and explosions with a "close" feel. Modules for distant shots, distant explosions, vehicle engines, background sounds, etc. may follow.

sounds modified:

firing sounds (small arms, cannon, launchers, mortars, etc.)

explosions

bullet hits

bullet penetrations

bullets "zips" (changed to "snaps")

collapse

reload

cannon shot trail

flames

garand ping

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Available from the Battlefront Repository:

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1772

Attempted to upload to CMMODs but got repeated failures. May be available there in the future.

The first thing I did to my CW was to install this. Great stuff, loving all of it, especially the sonic snaps. The only thing I'm on the fence about is the "chomp" sound associated with smaller explosions, but I definitely need to play more.

Thanks for this great mod!

Hi .. :)

I currently have these sound type mods in my Z directory ...

Mord's Immersive American Voices Mod V_1.0A

Dietrich's_CMBN_German_voices_v1.0.brz

Mike's Vehicles of War Sound Mod.brz

zSmall_Arms_Sounds_V3.brz

Will these be affected and if so and I'd prefer their use insteda, do I understand I should change the prefix in front of them to "zz"?

Thanks for your work ...

Regards,

Doug

Although I haven't looked inside the files, I'm guessing "zSmall_Arms_Sounds_V3.brz" may have a few conflicts, and as it is named it would load over my mod if left in the folder ("zSmall" comes after "ZBase"). This would only affect a handful of small arms firing sounds, but I would suggest temporarily removing this one to try my mod out to make sure you are hearing only the modified shots from AKDSM.

The other three should have no overlap as I haven't modified voices or vehicle loops, unless Mike's Vehicles of War modifies more than just the loops.

Although I haven't looked inside the files, I'm guessing "zSmall_Arms_Sounds_V3.brz" may have a few conflicts, and as it is named it would load over my mod if left in the folder ("zSmall" comes after "ZBase"). This would only affect a handful of small arms firing sounds, but I would suggest temporarily removing this one to try my mod out to make sure you are hearing only the modified shots from AKDSM.

The other three should have no overlap as I haven't modified voices or vehicle loops, unless Mike's Vehicles of War modifies more than just the loops.

Thank you very much ... appreciate the response ... :)

Regards,

Doug