Wonder if I should buy CMBN?

My PC,

XPSP3 Pro.

AMD Athlon 64 3000+2.04GHz

2.00 GB Ram.

Nvidia Geforce FX5500 256 MB AGP Slot on KV8 Pro Mother board.

Driver 1.7516.

I have been playing demo and running FRAPS Program Seems my FPS goes down to Low

when i have trees on. So far I have not had any CTD Playing demo.

Just wondering what you guys FPS Playing CMBN?

My system runs CM1 fine CBO,CMBB and CMAK demo.

I hate to buy this game and not get a decent FPS.

Thank's for any feedback.

Zane

If you've played the demo then you already know whether you will get acceptable FPS. Turning shadows off/on is the setting that makes the biggest difference in FPS.

You may want to avoid huge-sized scenarios and QBs with only 2 MB or RAM, however.

my old pc I played the original demo 1 month after it came out and I decided the game was junk then I got a new pc with windows 7 and more ram better chip and a great video card compared to the one I had ... Now I can't imagine playing any other game. Point is ... if you do not like it now do not forget about it when you get a newer computer.

I was running windows XP with an Nvidia 7900 gs video card anyway it was in an AGP slot too just like yours the card had 256 MB like yours had a 10,000 speed harddrive and dang about the same AMD chip but I think mine was 1.8

My current system I got from Velocity Micro spent 1500 and it is great for my needs runs this game fine. So maybe spend the tax refund on a new pc.

My own (pretty fast) computer chokes when I have "antialias/multisampling" turned on in 'Option' but runs like a racehorse when its turned off. And really I don't notice enough of a difference in the display to care that its turned off. Try that out with the demo. With this game its an arm-wrestling match between graphics quality and computing bullet trajectories. And really you do want bullet trajectories to win that fight. :)

EDIT: Scratch that. I screwed up the test. Here's the correct results:

Taking a random look at some troops under a canopy of trees I get 26 FPS. With 4x AA supersampling and 16x AF on I get 18 FPS. Take those off and turn shadows on and I get 15 FPS.

Thank's guys for all your info. I did what Mickey D did and turned my anti/alis off.

and got a good increase in fps. even with trees on.but I never saw the multisampling

setting? Then when I went back to the Nvidia control panel and got a CTD? evertime I try to open it.? will work on that problem today. I think I may be ok to purchase the game. I just can't add any more memory to my KV8 board it is max out.

Will keep playing demo and watch my fps. One other thing on my Nvidia control panel it just load's with a blank screen no info with a MS error message?

Thank's for all your help and info.

Zane