Possible Glitch and a Complaint I'd like Adressed..

2 things

First the glitch

I have a PBEM going, and I have a couple of wooden MG bunkers. Originally I placed a mortar section HQ in one of the bunkers to man it. In my setup, somehow I must have accidentally ordered one of my infantry platoon HQs to be placed in it. Now I cant get either group to leave the bunker. at all. Dismount, bail out, move orders. nothing works. Interesting as well, because I played a PBEM battle of Le Hamelet and my opponent who had the Axis complained his men wouldnt leave their bunkers no matter what he tried to do. At the time I chalked it up to suppression effects of my fire.

Now my complaint

In another PBEM, I had several on board US 81mm mortar teams, obviously accompanied by their ammo bearers. In the confusion of my attack, subsequent ambushes, etc my men spread out, and in my haste I ordered ammo bearers with mortar teams, not really paying attention to if they were from the same section. I was shocked to note later that the mortar units would not get ammo from their ammo bearers, even when on the same tile at all, unless they were from their specified section. This meant i had a couple of groups of ammo bearers running full tilt to seperate positions. This seems a little silly to me. Especially considering the mortar units both had ammo bearers by them, and were calling fire in (direct fire)

2 things

First the glitch

I have a PBEM going, and I have a couple of wooden MG bunkers. Originally I placed a mortar section HQ in one of the bunkers to man it. In my setup, somehow I must have accidentally ordered one of my infantry platoon HQs to be placed in it. Now I cant get either group to leave the bunker. at all. Dismount, bail out, move orders. nothing works. Interesting as well, because I played a PBEM battle of Le Hamelet and my opponent who had the Axis complained his men wouldnt leave their bunkers no matter what he tried to do. At the time I chalked it up to suppression effects of my fire.

Now my complaint

In another PBEM, I had several on board US 81mm mortar teams, obviously accompanied by their ammo bearers. In the confusion of my attack, subsequent ambushes, etc my men spread out, and in my haste I ordered ammo bearers with mortar teams, not really paying attention to if they were from the same section. I was shocked to note later that the mortar units would not get ammo from their ammo bearers, even when on the same tile at all, unless they were from their specified section. This meant i had a couple of groups of ammo bearers running full tilt to seperate positions. This seems a little silly to me. Especially considering the mortar units both had ammo bearers by them, and were calling fire in (direct fire)

Yeah I only noticed that recently, surely ammo is ammo in a battle and if you have the correct calibre why cant it be shared

ammo sharing aside. the bunker issue remains. I have all the PBEM files. could someone from BFC plz message me or explain whats going on with this? I had another opponent complain his men would not leave his bunkers. But they were under fire I believe when he wanted them to bail. In that case, I can understand the reluctance. However, in my situation, these men are out of contact with the enemy. they shouldnt hesitate to leave..

Shameless bump

If you cant bail outta a bunker then I assume the men you place in there are shackled to the bunkers walls? I've heard of that on the Eastern Front.. but geez.

Seriously though, I wish someone ... official would respond or take a look at this.

If nothing else it annoys me, I was dumb and mistakenly put my 1st plt. hq in the bunker when I meant to put a mortar section HQ. this should be easily remedied, my opponents forces are still at least a thousand meters away.

ammo sharing aside. the bunker issue remains. I have all the PBEM files. could someone from BFC plz message me or explain whats going on with this? I had another opponent complain his men would not leave his bunkers. But they were under fire I believe when he wanted them to bail. In that case, I can understand the reluctance. However, in my situation, these men are out of contact with the enemy. they shouldnt hesitate to leave..

Known bug, should be fixed in next version.

Ahh. thanks. wow I wish I had known that...

Yeah this one made it on the "we are looking at it list" back in September.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=100392&page=2

I think if I take anything away from that it means BFC probably has a list of fixes they are planning to include as a patch maybe as part of the next module release that will hopefully resolve a number of items that have frustrated players since v1.01. With a little patience I think we will all have a number of corrections to look forward to.

thx for the link man. much better than a smart assed reply about the search button. thats not directed at you, or anyone else btw, but i had a period of lurking for years where the only time i'd get tempted to post would be to yell at someone being an ass to a new member by saying use the search function, when a simple link or answer would be better. and friendlier.

thx for the link man. much better than a smart assed reply about the search button. thats not directed at you, or anyone else btw, but i had a period of lurking for years where the only time i'd get tempted to post would be to yell at someone being an ass to a new member by saying use the search function, when a simple link or answer would be better. and friendlier.

Amen to that! Back when CMBO first came out, there were a lot of new members who had missed all the discussions prior to the release of the game (and as the game had quite a long gestation, there were a lot of those discussions). Naturally, they were a bit lost in the woods about how certain things were done and why, and even the more experienced hands were sometimes puzzled about some things. Naturally, the puzzled sought answers to questions. Unfortunately, more often than not those questions, even the ones that could have been answered by a simple yes or no were instead greeted by a knee jerk "Go search!". Happily that does not happen so often now; usually there is someone with enough patience to direct the bemused toward an answer, or at least to mention that there is not yet one to that problem.

And BTW, I mention as a side note—maybe it's just me—but I have never gotten much satisfaction from the search engine on this board. It has always been merely a big time waster.

Michael

Yeah I agree. I heard that used so much that Ive used it before too, unfortunately I havent had much luck at all with it. maybe im just inept. its a shame, some of the conversations I remember from CMBO days and CMBB, with JasonC, Fionn Kelly, and others were spectacular. JasonC in particular used to write these... essays basically that really illuminated fighting in the Ost Front in ways I hadnt understood or thought of before.

I also wanted to look back at a couple threads where the close combat developers (well one of them) trolled etc. couldnt find them

Of course there was an infamous crash years ago and I know a lot of the posts were lost.