So, when is a door not a door?

I just had something aggravating happen to me in mission #3 of the Road to Montebourg campaign. In the first two images below, I assigned infantry units to move into these buildings. As you can see, there are doors on each building facing away from the street, which is where I wanted the units to enter:

CMNormandy2011-12-2922-17-14-92.jpg

CMNormandy2011-12-2922-17-37-00.jpg

What happened, though, is that the units went around to the front entrance of each building, in the process exposing themselves to far too much enemy fire and getting themselves needlessly killed/injured in the process.

As you can see here, there are also doors facing the street on both buildings:

CMNormandy2011-12-2922-17-53-48.jpg

CMNormandy2011-12-2922-18-02-00.jpg

So, is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

I was just playtesting last night and had some troops enter these exact buildings through the rear entrances with no trouble, so both doors are functional. The troops do still make odd decisions sometimes though, so I feel your pain.

Long experience in the mean streets of Ramadi taught me to always always always set a waypoint outside very close to the door I want my guys to enter. Preferably in the adjoining action square, but if I think there's guys in there then I waypoint to a blind wall or alley as close as possible. My incidence of "WTF are you going!" dropped off to nearly zero.

Long experience in the mean streets of Ramadi taught me to always always always set a waypoint outside very close to the door I want my guys to enter.

That works, but you should be careful since men will wait at that waypoint until everyone in the group either reaches the waypoint or is KIA. I've had several instances where my men would run up to a building and then stand there, exposed, waiting for a single straggler to catch up.

Long experience in the mean streets of Ramadi taught me to always always always set a waypoint outside very close to the door I want my guys to enter. Preferably in the adjoining action square, but if I think there's guys in there then I waypoint to a blind wall or alley as close as possible. My incidence of "WTF are you going!" dropped off to nearly zero.

I tried that, but they still insisted on taking the long way around.

Or there is bugs in buildings at times, it is not just waypoint issues and troops deciding to go another way. I have seen them enter and exit solid walls, let alone be determined not to reconize a door at times.

What is interesting is you have problems, while someone else playing the same area does not.

I have heard some claim it is just certain buildings with the bug.

But I had it happen on one map with the small chapel, That building is in many maps, never had a problem. Then in one game. the end the door was on, my troops treated it as the solid wall and would enter and exit from the other end which showed to be the solid wall.

There is a issue, but who knows what and has there been files submitted to Battlefront enough to find out why, I do not know.

"No, I give it up," Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea," said the Hatter.

"Nor I," said the March Hare.

Alice sighed wearily. "I think you might do something better with the time," she said, "than wasting it in asking riddles that have no answers."

Because Poe wrote on both.

(Is this the best you can do to confound us, sir?)

"No, I give it up," Alice replied. "What's the answer?"

"I haven't the slightest idea," said the Hatter.

"Nor I," said the March Hare.

Alice sighed wearily. "I think you might do something better with the time," she said, "than wasting it in asking riddles that have no answers."

Because Poe wrote on both.

(Is this the best you can do to confound us, sir?)

Well, I was trying to stay in the same level of difficulty