Limited intelligence request -

hate to post something this trivial here, but after doing a search for FOW coming up empty, i don't know any other way.

the question is, in playing IRON, the top level of CNBN, i find it still gives too much info on enemy units. i see the icon and on clicking it am told "HQ" or "Scout" or "mg" or "mortar" etc....

if it shows only the basic Inf silhouette, why can't this level also limit what the opposing player can know?

.. sure, i can avoid clicking on enemy units, but can i trust my opponent will? can he trust me?

or is there a setting i'm missing?

Yep. I've brought this up myself many times. No comment from BFC on this issue that I am aware of as of yet, but I'm really hoping to see this adjustment in a future patch. I can't imagine it would take too much coding time to change things so that UI panels simply showed only very generic info like "Infantry", "AT gun", or "Tank" at Iron Level play.

Try Diamond Level. That's getting the wife to input turns for me and report back what happened while I sit in another room with my feet in a bucket of cold water really reduces the problem of too much info... and also provides much more realism.

You'll need to buy her a lot of diamonds...