Removing Schurtzen, choosing tank "equipment"

Karabekian

Hi,

Im looking for info on how to remove Schurtzen on different vehicles. I recently downloaded a Panther G Mod (From Aris) but it does not work for me. In this version the "missing" skirts are black (in BMP), but I can see black outlines ingame. In CMx1 I remember I used a magenta to remove parts.

What do I need to do in CMBN to remove them? Is it possible to get rid of all plates?

Another question is about the variable skins of vehicles/tanks ingame.

Can I decide what a tank will look like? If I want a scenario with a LSSAH Panther A tank RO2 can I decide that it will not have additional tracks on the turret sides, since the original was without them? If I put the original decals on I do not want tracks cowering them, while on another tank I want the tracks.

Different camo for a given vehicle are impossible I think I found out.

Other than that thank you for the very nice mods on this board/the repository!

IIRC the varints are added randomly so you cannot guarantee that you will get the desired turrt with the desired hull. Even with multiple variants there is a small probability that you could still get all the tanks looking the same.

So not even if I get a desired combination during a editor "Deployment" will it stay the same when I play the scenario?

• 3 weeks later...