No research upgrade for brute force with gold version ???

Hi everyone,

I play with the new gold version of sc2 global conflict and the brutal force campaign.

It's now july 1940, i invested a lot in research since the beginning of the game so it's been 5-6 months that all axis powers are at full research (1000, 500, 700 mpps for germany/italy/japan) and still NO UPGRADE?

I tried the trick to save at the end of a turn, and roughly kill program and reload until i get any upgrade. This trick works perfectly after 1-4 attempts with the 1939 global campaign but not with this scenario :

I tried about 10-15 times every 1/3 turn since november 1939 and i still didn't get ANY upgrade, nothing, nada, nichts, rien, que dalle, peau de zob (sorry, french slang)...

So :

Am i drunk ?

Is this a "normal" campaign feature ?

Is this a fu***ng bug ?

each level is a 1% increase toward 100%. So normally you should be getting 1 tech level per yer about if you invest 2 points. Otherwise everyone will have 5s in 1942.

If you push a tech like airpower then I believe you can get a 5 by 1943 depending on the tech.

This scenario doesnt follow the same rules as the default game scenario. For example there are cities that activate later to simulate historically increasing production. Unit stats have changed, there is mech in the game but not anti tank.

Hi everyone,

I play with the new gold version of sc2 global conflict and the brutal force campaign.

It's now july 1940, i invested a lot in research since the beginning of the game so it's been 5-6 months that all axis powers are at full research (1000, 500, 700 mpps for germany/italy/japan) and still NO UPGRADE?

I tried the trick to save at the end of a turn, and roughly kill program and reload until i get any upgrade. This trick works perfectly after 1-4 attempts with the 1939 global campaign but not with this scenario :

I tried about 10-15 times every 1/3 turn since november 1939 and i still didn't get ANY upgrade, nothing, nada, nichts, rien, que dalle, peau de zob (sorry, french slang)...

So :

Am i drunk ?

Is this a "normal" campaign feature ?

Is this a fu***ng bug ?

HI ghor, and welcome to the forum!

What you have had discovered was no bug at work, but a new research routine invented with SC WW1:

• The new Research system has three main features
    • Research progression every turn.
    • Progress is trackable.
    • Guaranteed ultimate success.
    • research_th.jpg

Once research has progressed beyond 25% (edit: might be slightly higher in SC Global Gold, haven't checked it) there is a chance every turn of a breakthrough, with an automatic success once 100% has been reached.

This new system will ensure that there is a minimum and maximum length of time before a research advance is achieved, while also ensuring that the date of achievement isn’t entirely predictable. One result of this is that there will no longer be any immediate breakthroughs in the turn you start researching a category.

The new research system aims to be both less random and more realistic than before while also enhancing the overall gaming experience.

In short: your trick-safes won't help you until your research progress hasn't exceeded at least 25 - 40 % (check the manuall for the exaxt number).

Needless to say, that constanly reloading is a) no fun and B) considered cheating while playing against human players. While playing the AI, i would suggest to lower the difficulty level if the AI is still to strong an opponent.

Thanks for your answers, i understand the research system now

I know reloading is cheating but i tried just to be sure because there's still something that annoys me :

I played the standard campaign of the gold version (axis side) before the brute force and i put 2 points in industrial and another 2 in heavy tank research for germany during the first or second turn of the game. I'm sure i got 1 upgrade in tanks and 1 in industry before i attack france (don't remember when but i think it was during winter 39-40) + i got 1 upgrade for the japanese (always before summer 40 and i put one point max in research for japanese) without cheating.

I've invested more in research in the brute force campaign and i still got nothing on july 40 ???

So, i suppose i was very lucky with my previous standard campaign ?

You're welcome, by the way (Hubert basically used an original idea of mine from years ago).

So yeah, toot toot. :)

Ahem... let's not discount ideas from those with lower post counts ;)

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=91656&highlight=research

The new research model has rekindled my interest in the series.

I may even pickup "gold", as WWIII looks interesting.