Is there a Carentan map yet?

after lurking for many months and playing the demo over and over again im treating myself to CMBN over the festive period - ive done a search for this topic but the results are a bit inconclusive and sketchy - im thinking a a fairly long map but not too wide, with the approaches to the town down the road from St. Mare Eglise, the flooded fields to the east and west and then the farm and the cabbage patches with the railroad down the extreme east - this being one victory point location and then at the end of the map what i hope to be a decent representation of the opening to the town - cafe normandie, the bombed house, the arches and the hotel with maybe the own plaza with the statue as the last victory location..........

worth a punt? - is there already one out there that i cant find?

I could be completely wrong but I've not seen a specific map - yet. Wasn't there a mission featuring St Mare Eglise in CMBO? I seem to recall playing the Allied campaign over and over. The campaign that I am currently playing in Normandy touches upon St Mare Eglise in so much that is in mentioned on the campaign map but I haven't got to that stage in the campaign to tell you if it is included. It might well be, but I can't be sure.

By the way, you are definitely going to enjoy the full game - it is a thing of beauty. Just be sure to save up for the commonwealth module too.

after lurking for many months and playing the demo over and over again im treating myself to CMBN over the festive period - ive done a search for this topic but the results are a bit inconclusive and sketchy - im thinking a a fairly long map but not too wide, with the approaches to the town down the road from St. Mare Eglise, the flooded fields to the east and west and then the farm and the cabbage patches with the railroad down the extreme east - this being one victory point location and then at the end of the map what i hope to be a decent representation of the opening to the town - cafe normandie, the bombed house, the arches and the hotel with maybe the own plaza with the statue as the last victory location..........

worth a punt? - is there already one out there that i cant find?

I think folks are waiting until we have German fallschirmjager before tackling that.

I think folks are waiting until we have German fallschirmjager before tackling that.

ahh - you have a point there sir!!!

correct me if im wrong, i can build a map and then add appropriate forces later? i can just get to work on the topography and stuff for now?

when do we see FJs?

thanks for all advice and help

*** ps - is there such a thing as an editor tutorial/map making tutorial? **

ahh - you have a point there sir!!!

correct me if im wrong, i can build a map and then add appropriate forces later? i can just get to work on the topography and stuff for now?

Yep. Make the map and save it.

when do we see FJs?

Market Garden Module...which comes after the Commonwealth.

thanks for all advice and help

*** ps - is there such a thing as an editor tutorial/map making tutorial? **

You're welcome...and this should help...http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=314&func=fileinfo&id=1194

Mord.

Pretty pathetic that they never included FJ's among a dozen other things with this release. Poor excuse for content in what should have been the "ultimate" follow-up.

You've had like two posts and both are pretty negative. Take a breath and explore and see what's actually in the game instead of worrying about what's not...you might be surprised.

I don't know what you do for a living but I am gonna guess you expect to be compensated for it...BFC was waaay under compensated for the amount of content and fun they provided in CMX1 games. I played or messed with CMBO for almost a decade on 65 bucks. They can't afford to go that road again...we are living in a world dominated by Xbox and Wii and Play Station, Facebook games, phone games etc... there's a lot of media vying for people's income and attention, they need to compete...and they need to eat. We aren't talking about EA or Blizzard here. This is a small niche company. One guy coded CMBO, CMBB, CMAK, and CMSF! Not to mention there aren't many designers that have even tried to create wargames with this level of detail and coolness...but with attitudes like yours...who can blame them? better off to make a shooter or some other throw away game and get rich. We are probably gonna get more than what was in CMBO for the time period covered, it's just not gonna be all at once...or for one price. I don't mind at all, they deserve to make more. Fallschirmjagers will come just not this second. But hey, you don't like it, don't buy.

It's already the ultimate follow up and I haven't even got my hands on the first module yet.

Mord.

WHOA fanboy alert.

You been here posting for over 10 years or so I recall Mord, I can expect nothing more than you following behind my posts and flaming them.

I won't congratulate Battlefront for a game they did poorly with and don't expect "positive" look at the bright side kind of attitude when I know my money wasn't spent wisely. If Battlefront can't take the critism for poor product and unhappy consumers giving them thier two cents then they should get out of the buisness.

Thanks for tracking my posts Mord, I don't have the time to track your 2800 to see how WONDERFUL you feel Battlefront is.

WHOA fanboy alert.

You been here posting for over 10 years or so I recall Mord, I can expect nothing more than you following behind my posts and flaming them.

I won't congratulate Battlefront for a game they did poorly with and don't expect "positive" look at the bright side kind of attitude when I know my money wasn't spent wisely. If Battlefront can't take the critism for poor product and unhappy consumers giving them thier two cents then they should get out of the buisness.

Thanks for tracking my posts Mord, I don't have the time to track your 2800 to see how WONDERFUL you feel Battlefront is.

Hmm how long before you get yourself banned? I am figuring probably right around the time you give yourself a coronary. You realize of course that if you want to find out how to get the most out of this game you are gonna eventually have to stop acting like a cranky 9 year old and talk to folks about what all does come with the game. While it might not be immediately obvious, there actually is quite a bit here for your money, just maybe not the way you expected it. So question is do you want to explore that and find out why folks like mord and myself absolutely love this game (and it isn't simply because we figured we could be in the BFC fanboi posse, as much fun as that sounds like it might be) or are you just hear to express how pissed off you are about not getting what you thought you might have. If it is to complain, that is certainly your right, just want to know if I should expend any effort trying to convince you that you actually did get a good deal.

I find it ironic that someone who is so concerned that his opinion be taken seriously is so quick, and aggressive, about dismissing the opinions of others. Then flaming himself out within a few posts. Speaks volumes all on it's own, which is nice in a way because then we don't have to bother going through a dozen more abusive rants which seem to imply that their opinion is the only one that has any worth.

Because of the clear lack of interest in obeying the simple rules of civility, and apparently learning nothing about our standards through 10 years of lurking, I see no reason to denny Johnman's request to be banned. And by that I mean calling a poster an "ass" and the rest "fanboys" then has the gonads to say:

No point in continuing to trade words with the likes of you who lives his life hiding and insulting who you wish in a cyber world.

Aren't glass houses rather energy inefficient in the Great White North?

We offer a place for customers to criticize as well as praise. We don't offer a place for people to behave abusively towards others. It's as unpleasant as it is unproductive. We don't take ranters seriously since they obviously don't value their opinions enough to state them clearly and allow them to be evaluated by others.

There's plenty of places around the Internet to be mean and nasty. This isn't one of them.

For the record, I don't think this guy is Dorosh. When Dorosh tries to duck the ban placed on him he actually tries to stay here, not flame out within a few posts.

Steve

P.S. This message is repeated in the other rant/abuse filled thread Johnman started.