Retailer?

I am terribly sorry if this is not acceptable.

I went to order CMBN tonight and was informed that I would not get a manual and so on. I own all the other CM games but am a little late to the party on this one.

Is this game available at any retailers who may have full copies or am I just stuck printing the manual if I want a hard copy?

I may be making a bold assumption it was ever available with a hard copy but that's what I deciphered by the message I received.

Please forgive me if this is not appropriate to ask in the forum.

Thanks!

Is this game available at any retailers who may have full copies or am I just stuck printing the manual if I want a hard copy?

CMBN is not being sold in retail anywhere. As with previous releases this is a deliberate decision by us and part of Battlefront's business strategy (successful now in its 11th year). CMBN will be coming to retail at some point, maybe in a year or two?

I may be making a bold assumption it was ever available with a hard copy but that's what I deciphered by the message I received.

Not in retail, but we offered a printed manual (and even a Limited Steelbook® edition) on release. (Un)fortunately, these sold our within a couple of weeks of release.

We do plan to print a new manual, btw, which would be fully updated and available with the first Normandy upgrade (not module).

Martin

We do plan to print a new manual, btw, which would be fully updated and available with the first Normandy upgrade (not module).

Martin

Eh? What's the "First Normandy Upgrade"? First time I've seen this term thrown out there by anyone with BFC.

I assume you're not talking about a patch... if it's not a patch and it's not a module, what is it?

I have a copy of the original manual that came with the steel box version but to be honest the type is so small I was a little disappointed with it.

I know BFG did their best and were trying to keep costs down and have a manual small enough to fit in the steel box so no complaints here, but unless you enjoy reading small type you might want to print your own or as someone else suggested get a kindle or some other tablet.

CMBN is not being sold in retail anywhere. As with previous releases this is a deliberate decision by us and part of Battlefront's business strategy (successful now in its 11th year). CMBN will be coming to retail at some point, maybe in a year or two?

Just out of curiosity, what is this store selling then? :confused:

http://www.macgamestore.com/product/1947/Combat-Mission-Battle-for-Normandy/

Apparently, just one month ago, they even had a disount on it.

Perhaps he is using 'retailer' to describe a physical store where one could walk in and pick up a copy of the game to examine it before purchase.

Yeah, that would be a possibility and the statement could certainly be interpreted this way.

But in recent years I think the term 'retailer' has changed to also include internet-only companies (think Amazon) or even purely digital distribution (think Steam).

So my interpretation of 'retailer' raises some questions about the statement that:

"CMBN is not being sold in retail anywhere. As with previous releases this is a deliberate decision by us and part of Battlefront's business strategy (successful now in its 11th year)."

This seems to imply (again, only my interpretation) that CMBN is meant to be exclusively distributed via Battlefront.com for a couple of years. The website I found seems to make an alternative interpretation likely (distribution also by other digital retailers).

So that's why I asked my original question, since I (and as it seems, other members of the community) were under the impression that CMBN is ONLY available through Battlefront.com.

Some clarification from BFC would be nice, if only to satisfy my curiosity about this topic.

EDIT: Just realised that you, twthomas, posted the original question regarding retailers of the physical (boxed) version of CMBN.

I assume that you were only interested in the physical aspect in this question and apologise for kind of "diverting" this thread, I hope that is OK.