New file at the Repository: Encounter at Foret Perdue (2011-12-04)

Single scenario battle on a new 960mX960m map. Allied Only. Single Player Recommended. Time: 100 minutes. Lightly wooded terrain with 2 villages, forest trails, knolls and ditches.Objectives:Clear and occupy the two little village settlements. Ville du Nord and Hameau. Locate and destroy the enemy battalion HQ. Force:1 X Infantry Company plus an Engineer Platoon.Reinforcements:Infantry Platoon Mounted in half tracks delayed 30 min2 M20 armoured cars with a foward observer team in each 40 minFriendly Offmap at 40 min:75mm CannonCAS: 2 callsNotes: Map is larger than most for an infantry Company Plus sized engagement at 960m. Time is quite generous at 100 minutes. This is to allow for patrolling, contact drills, and calling in the Sandies.

More...

Your welcome. Some pictures.

adv4.jpg

adv1.jpg

adv2j.jpg

adv3m.jpg

The forces are pretty evenly matched to start. Which may be tough on the attacking paratroopers until reinforcements arrive. Elements of the Germans are also maneuvering from the other side of the map. I never spawn or pre-position "non-static" enemy units on the same half of the map as the player. although some may be tempted to think this

I love the soldiers strolling through the town. If only we could have civilians etc like in THE SIMS.

I am sure the civilians are in the works and will appear in the Eastfront expansion where they play a role in the final battle for Berlin scenario.

Nik, what terrain mod you are using?

Its only the buildings and trees from SDP's Basic Italy mod. No modded ground tiles or anything else...except the horizon Sky, I keep meaning to take that out as its out of place but haven't gotten around to it.

• 2 weeks later...