Disappointing tank performance

as to the original question of the thread. I sure am not going to say the game is correct, but I like the fact that damage to the heavy german tanks is causing losses. They might or might not have the raraty of it happening correct, but it did happen.

I have read too many accounts of german armor removing itself from battle when there is no apparent reason other than if they are having mech. problems or are out of ammo or fuel.

So at least I always have a full load of ammo and I am not watching the gas needle. but with all the immobilized units there are in the game, I moght as well blame it on fuel.

In general, the odd issues do happen a little too much, losses should be to true combat, not interesting side issues.

I just finished a campaign game that represented one morning of combat. I had 15 tanks as I recall, lost only one to enemy fire, had only two mobile tanks left at the end, barely mobile. that means I lost 12 tanks to immobized type of conditions, either due to mud or damage from fire. seemed to not sound or feel true to most readings I have come across as to WWII

The game should be combat focused, in many ways it has become a little too much about luck, weather it is sighting, target path, break downs or so forth. All these things are good, they just seem to be the focus of the results anymore instead of the side note.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's wondering about this procedure in the field, not back at barracks. How would one go about realigning after/during combat?

In one of CMBN's loading screen pics there is an un-buttoned Sherman,if you look closely at the guns muzzle you will see the bore sighting threads still intact.

The only thing I have an issue with, is that its mostly optics that go first, seemingly no matter where the tank gets hit. The Germans used to carry spare sights that they would just basically plug in play.... LOL Other then that, Im having a blast....literally.. LOL

Have to remember though is the calculations Im sure they have tested to the ummph degree. Range, weapon velocity, ammo type and penetration right.... or something. Anyways that has been talked to death, and its pretty much unanimous that the calculations they use for tank damage for a GAME... .is great.

thats not what i said...but in my opinion theres no real big problem with accuracy. i`ve seen a lot of misses at all kind of ranges. and its not true that range and moving does not affect the accuracy after all what i`ve seen and tested. maybe it seems to be too accuracte just because the engagement ranges in those normandy maps are normally rather small but if you expand tank engagements to a normal level (800m+) the number of misses increases.

and well its not only optics damage. like i said initially and after all the tests done in the other thread "hitpointsystem on subsystem": its optics and track damage (and maybe even radio) that needs a look at. Track damage because its also triggered to easily. For example non penetrative turret or weapon hits with ap shells should not cause track damage in my opinion (but they currently sometimes do).

but theres still some other matters out there that might need some fixing for example -TAC-AI- tanks that fire multiple times right into a tree (or slight slope) without correcting there aim or stop firing for this round (maybe its mainly a WEGO problem, because realtimers can corret the failure directly but after all its WEGO that really matters... :D)

OK, thanks for clarification! Hope it gets fixed. Do you think a patch will come together with the new expansion?