Man I feel horrible

I was playing a battle as Canada in the NATO module against the unconventional

so I'm suppressing an area and I thought I had killed them. Pushed my MBT up with my infantry out a close building a stream of bullets as well as anti tank weaponry opened fire on me killing my men and disabled my tank. The losses were acceptable but still I had never screwed up like that before with the blue forces. By the end of the battle I had had lost 100 men KIA and MIA mixed together and the enemy 117 Kills and missing. my casualties for blue only ever go to 50 with blue forces well time to rethink my strategy and tactics. I'm not claiming to be good but usually I'm patient :(.

That just goes to show you Oneyearwarpilot that this game and its AI can be quite the challenge. Depending on the mission creators creativity and how he/she sets the AI, the battlefield can be devastating. I've gotten my ass handed to me a few times by the AI...usually when I thought I cleared them out of somewhere and it turns out not to be the case. Sometimes their fire discipline is second to none.

The Brits and NATO were more fun imo as the US/Marines tend to rely on overwhelming firepower and virtually unlimited ammo to shoot up everything before advancing.

With the Brits and NATO you are challenged to be much more "tactically clever" and ammo restrictions are frequent.

ah the Marder, my "OMG what is this?!?!" weapon of the NATO module. Sad to see the Marder go, such a great weapon and never used, although I suppose we should be thankfull for that.

And yeah, if you dont look after your men the AI can deffinatelly put you on the spot, especially with help from the designers.

and in relation to the PzGrenadier mech platoon/squad, they seem to be just too small, the loss of 2 men can knock down the firepower of a squad inmenselly, the platoon/squad relies heavily on support from the Marders to gain fire superiority.

I love the NATO expansion personally. Playing as the Canadians is a good time, I feel they're the least powerful of the NATO countries included. Their force is more set towards occupation then shock and awe. Don't get me wrong, the LAV III can lay down some death, but doesn't have ATGMs like the Marder or the 35mm Auto-Death of the CV9035. The Leopard is also a tank that demands more attention then the M1A2 since it seems to be more vulnerable.

ah the Marder, my "OMG what is this?!?!" weapon of the NATO module. Sad to see the Marder go, such a great weapon and never used, although I suppose we should be thankfull for that.

Hello boche,

only for information. The Marder is used currently in Afghanistan by German Panzergrenadiers and had been used deadly in several firefights.

1309327090.jpg

Greets, MARS42

Hello boche,

only for information. The Marder is used currently in Afghanistan by German Panzergrenadiers and had been used deadly in several firefights.

1309327090.jpg

Greets, MARS42

yeah I know jeje I am aware of its deployment. Iw as talking about saying goodbye since as far as I know its bieng phased out and replaced by the Puma IFV

Well, you can send your love to the Dutch CV90s once the Marder are gone. I am not sure which is the bigger monster for chewing up the enemy in the game - the Marder or the CV90. Both are awesome in that regards.

To be honest Im quite dissapointed with the CV90s they pack a big punch but have been taken out quite easily in my games...dont know dont know.

In a way I liked playing as the Canadians - I agree I feel theyre the weakest of the blue units - something about their squad makeup and firepower reminds me of old school US infantry - like circa 70's - 80's.

Still - gotta love the US - ESPECIALLY the Marines. IMHO the Marines have the most powerful infantry squads in the game. Gotta love that grenade launcher.. Too bad we cant mix CMA and CMSF units - Id love to take Soviet Infantry up against say Canadian troops.

The German campaign I had a blast with - and this was pre-faust times. That PZ2000 artillery support is devastating. Honestly cant say enough about that for the German campaign - the artillery one several battles almost on its own for me. Still - I ran into a lot of trouble later in the campaign precisely because I overused my support assets. Initially with CMSF and CMBN I was the master of preplanned arty - with spectacular results often. This only led to tough times often later in campaigns, and in playing CMSF Ive backed off from this approach as well, as its more realistic to not do preplanned arty in modern times..