Guys,relax and Read This...Comment Plz

Dredloc

most new games use the middle mouse button like this. I'm not a fan but am getting used to it.

I remember when Doom came out and everybody was using mouse instead of just keyboard for control.

That took some getitng used to.... but now its standard

Getting back to Dredlocs original comment. I think the reason a lot of people are disappointed is that like me they are CMers that were hoping for something to tide them over for our WWII fix before the CMSF WWII module comes out. I for one was happy to give it a go fully aware that it would not be up to the detailed level of the older CM games and that there were some major shortcomings in the gameplay that would be addressed by patches, But hoping that it would fill the gap and provide an entertaining experience. Even with my eyes wide open it still disappoints me. I'm the first to admit that the problem is all mine, it's just not the kind of game I enjoy, but this may explain a lot of the negative comments we are seeing. Us CM fanboys just can't keep our yaps shut smile.gif

Originally posted by Chazman:

Zoomed out, if I wanted to watch a bunch of stick men doing a chinese fire drill, I would have bought an ant farm.

Outside of great close up graphics (if you can manage to zoom in, in time to watch the action), this game flat out stinks.

A big ditto here. This is not a $45 game. :( Battlefront is a wonderful compnay and I will always support it but this game is a dissapointment after all the pre-release-hype, designer diaries, AAR's etc....

Combat Mission looks to be the real one to wait for.

ToW is great. I like it and that's enough. But I must agree with HardRock that the camera must grow on you (IF.. you learn how ...). With the three options for it (free, center, and cursor) the handling is different and all have their pro- and cons. The cursor is perfect for rapid focusing on the battlefield, and if you tuned your zoom rate, you have excellent results. The lock and unlock-method works too. You must put effort in this game to get the most out of it. It's not a shooter.

i don't like ToW neither :(

ok it's nice but it looks too much unfinished too me.

maybe it's because we're used to CM and it's quite the ultimate wargame except for 3D view and i think we all are waiting this!

an ultimate sim engine with a good damn 3D engine!

but ToW right now is like a Afrika Korps Vs Desert Rats with only longer LOS in a way :(

Originally posted by HardRock:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Chazman:

Sorry, but TOW is lacking in just about every aspect, I thought Company of Heroes was an RTS that lost my interest quick, I have played TOW about 3 times and it's about ready to be erased off the hard drive.

Menaingless AI, unweildy camera movement, unable to place troops in buildings, almost no real control over the troops or vehicles, lack of governing initial set up of fortifications, etc. etc. etc.

Zoomed out, if I wanted to watch a bunch of stick men doing a chinese fire drill, I would have bought an ant farm.

Outside of great close up graphics (if you can manage to zoom in, in time to watch the action), this game flat out stinks.

Well I'm neither negative or positive at this point...BUT...IF..you learn how to use the camera you can zoom in and out quick. What you might argue is it's not all on the mouse.

If you really want to get in fast without using the camera..lock and unlock and back off..

The camera isn't the problem..assuming there are problems. It's you don't know how to use it yet. </font>

MajorPrivate, you must be easily amused if you think this "ant farm" game is great.

I'm certainly no cry baby, I own every one of the CM series games, I'm just baffled why Battle Front would tarnish their reputations sporting this clunker.

This game is about as riveting a play, as sitting and reading a shop manual on Sears refigerator repair.

Originally posted by Chazman:

MajorPrivate, you must be easily amused if you think this "ant farm" game is great.

I'm certainly no cry baby, I own every one of the CM series games, I'm just baffled why Battle Front would tarnish their reputations sporting this clunker.

This game is about as riveting a play, as sitting and reading a shop manual on Sears refigerator repair.

Forgot to add "in my opinion".

And if you dont want to be percieved as a crybaby, well, quit acting like one ;)