Using Mapping Mission 112

Originally posted by Sgt AA:

Wow!

A bug-free MM 2.0 including CMAK is really something to look forward to! tongue.gif

Best "announcement" since CMC.

smile.gif (I know, no promises made but just the thought of it.... ;) )

Thanks for your quick answers.

Regards,

That would be good news indeed! Looking forward to any improved version of MM! :cool: Still doing a lot of stuff with MC (map converter) to get MM work with CMAK.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I can not get MM to convert due to the Nvidia error. From what I have been told going to older drivers is not a guarantee that it will work, and I am not that keen on mucking about with the drivers in any case, since I fear I could break the machine for good.

Is there another work-around short of sending the map to someone who is still using MM and asking them to do the conversion?

Thanks in advance.

All the best

Andreas

Okay, tried all that, I can not get it to work, regardless of the size of the map and the settings. If I try to export a map, the screen goes black when ALT-Tabbing into CMBB, and that's it. When I CTRL-ALT-DEL MM after a while the map size has been adjusted, but that's it. If I try to export selection, it displays the map, but nothing happens.

Bugger.

All the best

Andreas

Originally posted by Andreas:

At the moment I just get the screen going black, and nothing else. I'll try with lower export speed and a smaller map for starters.

Thanks.

All the best

Andreas

What i meant is that working with about 960 x 960 meter maps does the trick. I finally assemble the smaller maps with Map converter later. Think i describe it in more detail on the first page of this thread already....

it was rather a reference to another thread, sorry:

http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=7&t=002046

I also have a NVidia Geforce MX440 in my rig, but 960x960m maps work! It´s still a whole lot of work, but i rather use the whole stuff to make maps from real topographic maps and less for converting from CMBO or other stuff.

• 1 year later...

Hey guys, I been trying to get to grips with MM, On several occasions the centre strip of my map is void of any detail, about a 300m gap.

It's a 2000m X 2000m map. I have it at the slowest speed and "export wait" of 30 seconds and the contour set at 1.25 in CMBB.

Any advice ?

Never did much with MM, but are your Windows Desktop screen resolution and game resolution the same?

To change game resolution, rename the prefs file in the game folder, then start the game and cycle thru the available resolutions. If this does the trick, rename the prefs back to get your standard settings again.