patton vs.rommel

pino

Yes JJR, we know about the murder of the sleeping farmers, their wives, the old ladies, the invalids, the mentally challenged, the mimes. But we're not just talking about SS Totenkopf or Polizei. The German military machine was a great spectacle at its zenith and it just about brought Europe to its knees. Are you going to suggest the Tiger tank is so highly reveered in history because it was best suited to crushing sleeping infants? The Wermacht could have taken any army in the world 1v1 and probably 1v3. They failed because they got to greedy and went after things there was no way they could have.

German generals were not all Nazis. Sorry for the brief mention of politics, but saying that is like saying every American general was a Democrat. The Nazis were a political party! Not everyone belonged to that party just like every Russian soldier in WWII was not a Communist.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When our own Allied Generals admit the better strategic and tactical ways of the Germans, I think that is proof enough.

As I said, when they intercepted command messages coming from Hitler himself they said they would always breath a sigh of relief, simply because they knew it would most likely not work.

I've heard it from the lips of of those in charge of these units. The Allied Generals had the same expression when they would go and tell them of these messages.

Tis true! Hitlers closest friend (I forget his name) openly went against Nazi policy.

Tell me why it is so important to keep looking on the Germans as Nazis?

Who really cares! They thought they could take us. :eek:

That is War!!! OH, those bad Nazis, always killing and starting ****!

Shut the Hell up!

You think the next war will be any better? The Nazis will look like girl scouts compared to what awaits us in the next one.

Don't be fooled by war. It will always be ugly, mean and ruthless!

No time for MR. nice guy!

Brother Rambo,

You've been taking a lot of flak lately from unreasonable Euros, wimpy liberals, Godless commies, nostalgia filled fascists and the like.

Anyway, I saw this post by Major Kong in one of this site's other forums and thought you might enjoy seeing the other side's Bette Grable bathing suit posters.* ;)

The illustrations are a little on the edge, so they're placed as links.

Originally posted by Maj Kong:

Speaking of Anime Nazi maids...here's some work from an American artist that's a little goofy

< First Pinup Girl >

< Second Pinup Girl >

This is the source:

Bawidamann Website

*Of course not, they're new illustrations. :cool:

Did Brasov have any significance in World War II?

Braşov (Hungarian: Brassó, German: Kronstadt) is a city in Romania, residence of Braşov county. The population of Braşov is 283,901, according to the 2002 census.

The city was named OraÅŸul Stalin, after Joseph Stalin, from 1951 to 1961.

BraÅŸov is located in the central part of the country, at about 166 km from Bucharest and surrounded by the Carpathian Mountains. It is part of the Transylvania region.

Near BraÅŸov at Bod there is a large longwave broadcasting facility.

Also the city is the host of The Golden Stag (Cerbul de Aur) international music festival.

Brasov_in_Romania.png

Its central location makes it ideal to settle in for a non-specific vacation in Romania. BraÅŸov is situated at fairly equal distances from most attractions in Romania: the Black Sea resorts, the gorgeous monasteries in northern Moldova, the incredibly well-preserved Maramures region with its centuries old wooden churches in the north-west. It is also considered the mountain capital of Romania. BraÅŸov is in the middle of it all and on top of that it is considered the most tourist-friendly city in Romania.

When to visit

May-September - best weather, temperate summer, temperatures around 75F/23C. December-February - for winter related activities.

Originally posted by jon_j_rambo:

Okay, new question: What other parties were there in Germany during World War II? Surely the "German regulars" had some political party.

SPD, Zentrum and a dozen others.

But have you ever heard of something like Ermaechtigungsgesetz?

[ August 10, 2005, 03:05 AM: Message edited by: xwormwood ]

The earliest movie Rommel that I know of was played by Erich von Stroheim in the 1943 propaganda flick, Five Graves to Cairo. Rommel is portraid as a swaggering, arrogant, mean aristocratic professional soldier but conceded to be a great general. In making his plans for entering Alexandria he says lines like, "Aida will be performed at the opera house without the second act, which is too long and, in any case, not very good." :D

14721-1.jpg

A year after making Rommel, The Desert Fox, based on the book by Desmond Young, pressure was brought upon that studio to make another film in which Rommel wasn't portrayed as adoringly. James Mason was brought back to play the role again in, The Desert Rats, about the siege of Tobruck. In one scene he tells a captured British officer, "If I chose to, I could crush Tobruck like an egg!" forming it into a fist, and the Brit responds with something like, "Well then, why don't you?" :D

I think those two were made in 1950 and 1951.

The American Army did not just face little boys and old men!

The Wermacht didn't manage the Bulge breakthrough with weak troops! Hitler had to keep his Manpower up any way he could because his world was closing in on him so he turned on his only loyal subjects left, his children. Women were taught how to fire AntiTank weapons too! I've seen the footage!

The Americans actually would've faced some pretty crack elite panzer units in Normandy if not for some crafty deception.

Also I wonder when Germany fought the Soviets, how many preteen boys and girls were fighting? They were pretty effective when they're told, if you do not kill that German<especially the one with all the shiny metals> Then he will eat your Grandma and Grandpa and all your younger brothers and sisters... when he conquors Stalingrad little Ivans!

When things get desperate a nation requires desperate measures, children often do fight and in America during the Revolutionary War, often 15 year old boys fought and I'm not sure how much younger. Or During the Civil War... War is Hell ;)

Rommel and Patton probably were pretty equal in ability. I think Rommel more experienced and more the Gentleman. Though Patton more Ferocious and hell didn't Patton say we should keep on going to Moscow? He was right ! tongue.gif

One Last comment on boy soldiers, I watched a film on a ineffective teengage SS Boy, he managed to shoot down a B-17 with his buddies. Just because they're little doesn't make them any less dangerous if fanatical and trained!

Oh and to the fellow on MiddleEastern Affairs ;)

Why do you think Americans are over their!!! Policing what the BLOODY EUROS don't want to Police a bunch of fanatical psychopaths that right now at this moment are educating their children to blow up Westerners and Christians alike...Their the Infidels! How do you think they recruit nonstop tens of thousands of Martyrs!

Personally, I think we made an error my tax dollar is going to protecting your rear! You don't care about a stable MiddleEast, if we're not doing it right SEND YOUR OWN ADVISORS!!! That'd take the burden off our overburdened troops and leadership so we could possibly figure out some more intelligent and workable means to control these 16th century peoples if it is at all possible ;)

P.S. On the subject of Oil, turn off your lights, stop filling up your gas tank, do not goto work, do not sign on this computer or do anything at all. Be a Hermit in the Mountains then you can be self righteous on that subject. Osama's cash comes from us all... as does is weapons... without us he would be Desert Nomad as would be the rest of the MidEast and where they belong. They're not ready for the 21st century, apparently! They're trying to blow the World up in the Name of GOD! Not even America has the audacity to do such a thing LOL

liam you need much more clarity in your thinking thats all im saying.

America is not the only country in the world, infact outside of iraq the european union has far more troops stationed in the peacekeeping role than the us. but then if you realy were half as educated as you thought you were you would know that already.

the bulge brakthrough was amix of good german units and poor quality us units spread far to thinly.

the panzer units in normady 8 out of 10 were sent against the british and commonwealth forces. Thats includes the deception. the only crack panzer division that was placed against them was redirected to caen on d-day itself. But again you probably knew that already.

it is clear to me that you are not interested in a debate.

a wise man said to me never argue with an idiot as they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

im signing off on this conversation good day sir.

Children have been on the battlefield for Ages. Although it was 'rare' that they be targets or engaged the enemy.

War, may not be the best way to handle the mid-east problem.

But if War has already been declared, use it!Why try to refine war?

We don't have to nuke them, Just slap them around a bit!

Why try to reinvent (the wheel) War?

We ought to go with what we know!

How long do thinks have to continue the way they are before Iraq is the only one left with any oil?

Maybe Iran will be the world power in near Future! :eek:

First off, your UN PeaceKeepers are very worthwhile are they? What of Yugoslavia? What of Uganda? What of Indonesia? What of Cambodia? They suck... they are good for work detail on Cyprus and that's about that... Most of the time they do not get involved in the real action because the UN is spread too thin. The US Is the FirePower of World Action, you put your arms up but any real resistance and you would crack. The UN has no resolve without the USA behind it. If you don't see this by now you're very jaded. Who defeated the USSR and the Eastern Bloc? 90% the USA resources I'll assure you that much!

Who is doing most of the arsekicking in the World, the USA? Of course... The UN debates... While the USA takes action, I myself would have acted on N.Korea and Iran itself, even our half witted President knew where the problem spots were and in 10 years one of them will have nukes that can reach our Mainland...

I'm English too, are you? What was a majority of our Crack Troops before Battle of Britian would've commenced, do you think we would've put a good fight? Are you kidding, we'd of killed off more than the whole Red Army, French, Poles, etc... combined in the 1st month of the conflict. Cause we're tough... what the EC shows in Military terms in weakness that's it period

The Germans even with little boys and old men was tougher than the French Army ROFL. That's all I have to say.

Debate, argue, we are a Senate... We are openminded Men. This is our Realm for that. The World does what it will, despite us, perhaps not even as wise as us! Be FearFul of that! Young man!

Originally posted by roqf77:

liam you need much more clarity in your thinking thats all im saying.

America is not the only country in the world, infact outside of iraq the european union has far more troops stationed in the peacekeeping role than the us. but then if you realy were half as educated as you thought you were you would know that already.

the bulge brakthrough was amix of good german units and poor quality us units spread far to thinly.

the panzer units in normady 8 out of 10 were sent against the british and commonwealth forces. Thats includes the deception. the only crack panzer division that was placed against them was redirected to caen on d-day itself. But again you probably knew that already.

it is clear to me that you are not interested in a debate.

a wise man said to me never argue with an idiot as they will just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

im signing off on this conversation good day sir.

[ August 11, 2005, 06:05 PM: Message edited by: Liam ]

Originally posted by waltero:

Children have been on the battlefield for Ages. Although it was 'rare' that they be targets or engaged the enemy.

War, may not be the best way to handle the mid-east problem.

But if War has already been declared, use it!Why try to refine war?

We don't have to nuke them, Just slap them around a bit!

Why try to reinvent (the wheel) War?

We ought to go with what we know!

How long do thinks have to continue the way they are before Iraq is the only one left with any oil?

Maybe Iran will be the world power in near Future! :eek:

LOL Iran.. Waltero, not quite the calibar. China, Russian Federation, EU, Eastern Asian Trade Empire...Perhaps a North South American United Axis... Who knows the future... ;)

We definitely will end up giving the Shi'ite majority the Black Gold if we leave... 10% of the World's oil to one of the most unstable and most extreme Goverments on the Planet next to N.Korea... Perhaps Nostradomus was right, the Red Turban?? Will come from Iran

im not arguing with you liam anymore.

but just on a point of information the eu sends most of it troops to nato not the un. which do more good than the un. what about bosnia kosovo and siera lieone? al places america was either int the minority or did nothing. and im english but my mother is american.

Countries can not expect to be listened too when they've imposed their imperialistic wills on so many countries for their own well being for hundreds of years, well close to 100 for USA, but the rest UK, France, Spain and Germany have done a fair share of abusing lesser developed countries.

AND I hope Iran makes nukes, lots of them. I'm sick and tired of this holyer than though attitude with all these western countries that want to keep them from making any when they have 1000s in their own backyard, 10000 for USA.

Originally posted by Liam:

You can probably count that one out. USA's popularity in Latin America has always been extremely low and now it is sinking even more as more Latin Americans become more educated and have access to more information.