Rebirth of SC

aesopo

Xwood, not that I'm in the league of any "aces", but did the thought ever cross your mind, that some did not wish to ahere to the structure of the DC?

I've given my ideas freely over many years here, never the thought of any reward other than a more enjoyable gaming experience. I prefer the casual atmosphere of the forum interaction, I detest more rules and regulations, my spirit resides without them.

To put it mildly I'm fed up to the degree of cynicism with all the rules and regulations of today's civilization, they serve to mostly subdue any entrepreneural, innovative spirit still left in us humans. We need to be "controlled"....of course...for the good of the others....for the children, we need to be licensed and certified.

Long story short...the anarchy of the forums is my little escape...don't want to subject myself to any more "structure", especially here.

Oh yeah...and ditto Blashy's post!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SeaMonkey, i doubt that anyone posted into the DC because of the possible reward.

The contest was a beautiful idea to post ideas without getting them commented to death, to post ideas noone has to search by reading 19 pages of a thread which started with a complete different topic.

And most of the DC poster have given freely their ideas over the past years here as well, so let me comfort you, you were not alone...

I have no problem with someone who didn't wrote something into the DC.

But the absence of many known "faces" out of this forum felt still a bit strange, at least to me.

After all, the DC was the first official appeal to bring in ideas for future releases.

Anyway, i never wanted to criticise anyone who dind't took part in the DC, i just wanted to express my astonishment that so many "made" men were absent.

So, keep up your good work in the forum-jungle (but watch out for Moon, he the anarchy-eater is always on the prey...).

;)

SeaMonkey, i doubt that anyone posted into the DC because of the possible reward.

The contest was a beautiful idea to post ideas without getting them commented to death, to post ideas noone has to search by reading 19 pages of a thread which started with a complete different topic.

And most of the DC poster have given freely their ideas over the past years here as well, so let me comfort you, you were not alone...

I have no problem with someone who didn't wrote something into the DC.

But the absence of many known "faces" out of this forum felt still a bit strange, at least to me.

After all, the DC was the first official appeal to bring in ideas for future releases.

Anyway, i never wanted to criticise anyone who dind't took part in the DC, i just wanted to express my astonishment that so many "made" men were absent.

So, keep up your good work in the forum-jungle (but watch out for Moon, he the anarchy-eater is always on the prey...).

;)

Well one of the winning ideas is bring back the "hexes" . So the most important issue is already adressed ;) . The other topics in this thread are more like : Why is SC1 so much fun?

Besides it is not that the forum is bogged down by so many and too many new posts. Kind of surprising regarding the recent release of PDE.

I am really hoping for some kind of new annoucement soon, something to revive the forums. I am starting to feel like an old relict of times past.