Night Combat?

Remembers me of my infantry training during my military service: Night marches, defense at night, flares, red-white-red and whistling - oh no, not again ABC warning!

One time we paraded 5- 30m in front of an enemy position, and they didn´t see or hear us, although were told to make a lot of noise. Just walked in.

Only one thing games cannot reproduce: The cold, the humidity, the dirt and the smell.

Where is that fire coming from?

Who killed them (& when)?

PzIIIH advance & engage that T-60.... uh oh thats not a T-60, thats a T-34!

Where is that fire coming from?

NO you f%%%ing idiots the other way!!!

Panic!

Now would be a really bad time for an artillery strike (the sound of whistling suddenly begins).

I've checked those tree's twice the fire aint coming from there, so where is it coming from?

These are all things which have occured during my night battle as such I do love them, but boy I do hate them also.

Originally posted by eichenbaum:

Do you like to play night-time battles with CM?

YES/NO

No.

I'm afraid I find night combat in CM deeply unconvincing. Illuminants are not modelled at all, and Borg spotting means that the effect of being able to fire on enemy gun-flashes is not modelled well.

All the best,

John.