Impressive MkVI model

Erwin

On 9.3.2018 at 6:27 PM, Erwin said:

With "working" main gun and bow MG.  Lovely paint job.

Also - large scale MkV:

Yep, they look extremely nice. My largest are 1:18 scale Heng Long models, beefed up with some own moding work. Perhaps, I should ask my wife, if she really needs her extra office room.😎

Back to 1:6: I remember a company in the UK, building them full metal on a pre-order base. Those guys even have rule for outdoor battles on their web site. IIRCR, there are some videos of such battles on YouTube.

22 hours ago, StieliAlpha said:

Back to 1:6: I remember a company in the UK, building them full metal on a pre-order base. Those guys even have rule for outdoor battles on their web site. IIRCR, there are some videos of such battles on YouTube.

Armortek.  B)

If 1/6 is your thing, these are the guys for you:  https://www.armortek.co.uk/

PS - Interesting.....They don't seem to advertise their 'live fire' stuff any more, their first Tiger kit could be fitted with a shotgun as the main weapon.  :o

Edited by Sgt.Squarehead

8 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

PS - Interesting.....They don't seem to advertise their 'live fire' stuff any more, their first Tiger kit could be fitted with a shotgun as the main weapon.  :o

Reminds me of a type of moored mine I designed but never built back in my teenaged modeling years that used a shotgun shell for its blasting charge.

Michael

8 hours ago, Erwin said:

Wow.  That must have been a fun model to radio control.

It wasn't radio controlled. It had a trigger that activated if the mine was touched by, for instance a model ship. Which is why it was surely a good thing that I never built one; it would have been too dangerous to handle and emplace.

Michael