Screen resolution settings

Problem: Fonts are very small and partly blurred

I have Windows 10 Home 64-bit Version 1709 installed on an HP Pavilion 17-ab306ng Laptop with an Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ Prozessor (2,5 GHz) and Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5) coming with a 17.3“ screen.

Laptop: settings - system - display: scale: 140% and resolution: 1920 x 1080

Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg v2.00 Game Engine 4: Display size – resolution: Desktop

I would appreciate, if you could help me by finding the best resolution-values for my Laptop in combination with CMFB v2.00.

Thx!

TCO

Font size cannot be independently controlled but you can run the game at a lower resolution. Having said that 1080p on a 17 inch monitor should be pretty good for most people. The blurry text observation jumps out though. On most notebooks programs default to run on a lower power lower capability card built into the mother board. Make sure the game is running using the Nvidia card.

Check out this thread for some pics on setting that up: 

Thx for your fine support!

At first I made sure, if the game is running using the Nvidia card - well, it is not!
I didn' t expect something like this, I thought it would recognize the game and run automatically?
Unfortunately I have no experience in harmonizing the game with the graphic card. I went on the control-panel of the card and triggered an automatic search for games, but it found nothing. Now I wait for my skilled nephew, who can (hopefully) cope with this.

Anyway, Thx again for your help.

Let's see if we can get this done before yoru nephew even gets to see it :D .

In the thread I linked above there is a screen shot of the control panel repeated here for clarity:

578d079b5574a_NCPCM01.PNG.405910952ec9ad

In the control panel choose the "Manage 3D Settings" and then in panel on the right select "Program Settings" and then press the Add button. Navigate to where the game is installed the setup the way the card will behave when the game is launched. After that you can tweak the other settings too as suggested in the above thread.

The above settings that IanL has listed not only affect the Nvidia graphics, but they should also signal to the Nvidia GPU that it needs to run the game and NOT the Intel integrated video. Listing an application within the 'Manage 3D Settings' (regardless of exactly which settings you change) is one of the ways to signal to the Nvidia GPU to run the program.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, I was quite busy, so I come back only know.

Your advices were good and finally the resolution is fine! Thank you very much for your kin help!!!

The only minor disturbance is, that the intro is not running properly anymore.

If I start the game by double-clicking on the exe-icon, the screen turns black and the music comes, but the silhouette of the Panther-tank firing by night does not appear.

The Intro (WMV-file) is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg\Data and still running fine, however, for whatever reason the logo does not appear anymore, if I start the game.

Any idea?

Thx, TCO

On 29/3/2018 at 2:41 PM, TCO said:

Sorry guys, I was quite busy, so I come back only know.

Your advices were good and finally the resolution is fine! Thank you very much for your kin help!!!

The only minor disturbance is, that the intro is not running properly anymore.

If I start the game by double-clicking on the exe-icon, the screen turns black and the music comes, but the silhouette of the Panther-tank firing by night does not appear.

The Intro (WMV-file) is under C:\Program Files (x86)\Battlefront\Combat Mission Final Blitzkrieg\Data and still running fine, however, for whatever reason the logo does not appear anymore, if I start the game.

Any idea?

Thx, TCO

There's a hidden option to disable the splash screen by pressing the v button during game launch. Probably you did that by accident. Maybe by pressing v again you can re-enable it.

Edited by Bulletpoint

1 hour ago, Bulletpoint said:

There's a hidden option to disable the splash screen by pressing the v button during game launch. Probably you did that by accident. Maybe by pressing v again you can re-enable it.

Hi Bulletpoint,

Thx for directing me to the referring chat.

I held down the V-button after launching the game by double-clicking on the exe-icon, however it did not work.
Clicking the left mouse button a couple of times doesn' t work either.

Maybe I contact the buddy, who had the idea with the V-button via P/M?

Any other solution would be highly welcome!

Thx a lot!

TCO