do newer titles come with 4.0?

I bought Final Blitzkrieg about a month ago or sooner (i can get the exact date if need be) and my game was only at 3.0 even tho the 4.0 had been out for a good amount of time before i purchased it. did something go wrong or do i have buy the 4.0 even tho its already been out for a few months, any help would be awesome aswell as if i should contact battlefront support for this.

6 hours ago, Mark_McLeod said:

I bought Final Blitzkrieg about a month ago or sooner (i can get the exact date if need be) and my game was only at 3.0 even tho the 4.0 had been out for a good amount of time before i purchased it. did something go wrong or do i have buy the 4.0 even tho its already been out for a few months, any help would be awesome aswell as if i should contact battlefront support for this.

First of all: Good choice!

I would be surprised, if the old version is still being sold.

However, I would create a ticket and ask. The help desk is normally very responsive and will direct you to the right recipient, if necessary.

Yeah, if you purchased the full product after the v4 updated was released you should have the latest version. I agree with @StieliAlpha contact the help desk.

Just for clarity the latest version of CMFB is 2.00 engine version 4. On your main menu screen in the bottom right corner that's what you should see with the latest version.

4 hours ago, IanL said:

Just for clarity the latest version of CMFB is 2.00 engine version 4. On your main menu screen in the bottom right corner that's what you should see with the latest version.

This. I was going to say you should be careful how you are reading the version number and engine number. They most certainly are not the same thing.

Michael

Thanks for the help everyone, also do i need to install the patches from the battlefront website? or would that downgrade it. because i may or may not have them currently installed. My version is v1.02 game engine 3. i'll reinstall the whole game then ill see if i should contact them or not, once again thanks everyone!

Edited by Mark_McLeod
error

• 5 weeks later...

I personally  like 4.0 because of what they did with the infantry, being able to combine squads makes life pretty easy in some occasions. Also the infantry do run a lot more spaced out which is pretty good, and they peak around corners of buildings and walls a lot better which is helpful. Lastly being able to see how many kills your forward observer gets with the call ins is pretty neat. But other than that i dont really know what else there is, there is a hull down command but i never use it nor do i know exactly how it works.