Quick battles and extra time

I was under the impression that QBs always have the set number of turns and never go into extra time - right? I have one now going into extra time (PBEM) in 4.0. If they do go into extra time it would be nice if that is added to the briefing information.

The maps original game length setting, as time of day, weather, ect has no baring on the game.  The player selects them all.  As to the specific question:

The QB game length selection does not offer "variable time length" during the player's setup.  However the QB Game engine can and does use it randomly.  I've played or tested many a QB Game against the AI and feel it's more likely I get a variable end than an exact end. 

I also seem to recall a few QB's in PBEM going into over time by a few turns. 

thou, now that I think about it it's probably, because I added 5 minutes to the original time :-/

Joe

Edited by JoMc67