Thoughts on The Proving Grounds

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still working on TPGII and TSDIII.  Thats a whole weekend.

Ive taken on some of your points and done my best to integrate them.  Im still working on it so bear with me in the meantime.

@Bootie,

I like the direction taken.  Integrating the look of both sites is nice. 

1)  TPGII.  It appears that the hyperlink is not yet active for "please do leave feedback by filling in THIS form and sending it to the scenario designer upon completion of your playtest".  Is that correct?

2)  TSDII.  If the scenario comments posted regarding "Le Noyer" are indicative, I opine that you may have taken on the unenviable chore for a serious and regular site moderator.  I am no fan of censorship, but neither do I wish to forebear "ad homenim" trolls denigrating scenario writers anywhere in the BFC community.

Thank you for your own considerable efforts.

@Bootie,

I like the direction taken.  Integrating the look of both sites is nice. 

1)  TPGII.  It appears that the hyperlink is not yet active for "please do leave feedback by filling in THIS form and sending it to the scenario designer upon completion of your playtest".  Is that correct?

Yes I havent linked it in yet.... as I said it takes a lot of work to get the graphics and all the links pointing the right way.  Monotonous comes to mind... I look forward to getting back to transferring the files from the repository.  :)

2)  TSDII.  If the scenario comments posted regarding "Le Noyer" are indicative, I opine that you may have taken on the unenviable chore for a serious and regular site moderator.  I am no fan of censorship, but neither do I wish to forebear "ad homenim" trolls denigrating scenario writers anywhere in the BFC community.

Thank you for your own considerable efforts.

So I see.... I'd rather not have to moderate either as I have a lot on my plate across the board so unless a complaint comes in regarding the comment from the scenario designer himself I will leave it as is.  In time I will get a little piece put up in the FAQ regarding 'issues'.

My own personal criticism is that when I realised there were a whole bunch of Aris mods for CMFI that I didn't have :o there was no option to pull up all his mods ( ie. in GAJ's old site, you could select by "Author" ).

Looking through every texture mod for CMFI was the only option.
Would like to see this sort of option in the future if it is possible.

( of course, if I was simply too stupid to find the option, disregard the above :unsure: )

No worries... Ive been working away at CMSF over the last few days.  I have another page or two to go having said that though if anyone finds their scenario not moved over it is for one of two reasons.

1 - No details are provided in relation to the scenario 

or...

2 - Its not in English

I don't have time to download scenarios and then play them to get an idea of what it entails and if I cant understand the briefing etc little point in me posting a basically empty scenario with no idea what it involves.  Feel free to package them up and submit them if you feel the urge.

1)  "Scenario Depot III" landing page (TSDIII) no longer has hyperlinks to TPGII or CMODSIII.  Is that intentional?

2)  Picking a nit, the "Comments" avatars seems silly to me.  Would prefer you dispense.  IMO, goofy cartoon faces just don't suit wargaming feedback.  Clearly you are watching too much telly with your toddler when not doing yoeman's work on your websites . . .  :rolleyes:

1)  "Scenario Depot III" landing page (TSDIII) no longer has hyperlinks to TPGII or CMODSIII.  Is that intentional?

Yeah I was trying a dropdown links section so its not as confusing for people.  ;)  I have yet to decide whether to keep it and havent had a chance to look at it today because.... Ive been working,

2)  Picking a nit, the "Comments" avatars seems silly to me.  Would prefer you dispense.  IMO, goofy cartoon faces just don't suit wargaming feedback.  Clearly you are watching too much telly with your toddler when not doing yoeman's work on your websites . . .  :rolleyes:

I agree.... again I was just playing about.

I like they way TPG looks now. Perhaps there should (if possible) be some kind of "new additions" headline or under each game. Otherwise, there is no way of knowing (unless you subscribe) if there is something new for you to test.

Thanks for all the good work Bootie.

Contact GaJ.... outwith my remit. :)

Thanks. Where, how to contact him? :blink: Leads me to another suggestion. Add a "contact admin" link or something similar, if any such user problems arise. I had a look around on the site, but couldn´t find something. Maybe on the FAQ page?

A second upload attempt lead me to the same "500" page in the meantime. :mellow:

I like they way TPG looks now. Perhaps there should (if possible) be some kind of "new additions" headline or under each game. Otherwise, there is no way of knowing (unless you subscribe) if there is something new for you to test.

Thanks for all the good work Bootie.

Just click the latest posts button.  All new content was originally displayed on the front page but then it got pointed out to me I may have been being unconsciously disingenuous so now we have the games represented and you click on them to find what you want rather than me showing you the newest stuff out there.  It works.  :)

Yeah I will add a contact ADMIN button and can you advise how large your file is... I think CMMODS has a limit of 500MB user upload... although larger files can get uploaded FTP via GreenasJade.

The (tried to be) uploaded files were of size 12,9 MB (RAR) and 26,9 MB (ZIP) subsequentially. Both with same content. :o

Just did an upload attempt with a playtest scenario at TPGII. I got no confirmation screen after upload that I succeeded. Is the upload yet to be confirmed and edited by an admin, or did just vanish into thin air? :huh: For the former, that should likely be noted in the FAQ.

Yeah I got it.

Thanks!

I´d preformatted the mission description text and inserted it, but have no idea if the format and line feeds were taken. Here´s what it´s about to look like http://community.battlefront.com/topic/121337-rockinharry-scenario-thread/?do=findComment&comment=1641982

Edited by RockinHarry
redirected to another thread