Suggestion for next patch after V 103

Pat O

I would like to offer a suggestion to battlefront that could improve the overall quality of the game and strategy. 

Adding the ability to make map graphics. Explained: The op order screen does a great job of following the standard op order format. A feature that allows either a MGRS map to add graphics for phase lines or that allows you to place notes on the 3d map itself would greatly improve the planning process either in setup phase or in actual play. Players that prefer RT over wego should also be able to do this during a game pause. I love turn based but RT adds an element of realism I prefer for responding to changing battlefield conditions in smaller scenarios.  I am new to the CM series of games so if this is possible I do apologize.. I read nothing in the supplied manual that eluded to this ability. I have resorted to hand drawn map sketches on paper which add a lot of realism in my opinion but are subject to the users drawing ability which was not my strong suit. A few simple graphics or an improved tactical map would help out a great deal. I think it is an excellent game and far superior to most strategy games out there. I think an addition such as this would only improve the experience. Besides the France based developers for wargame have included this and I know battle front can put them to shame. Any who agree with me please post on this thread. If you dont I would love to hear your reasons. Again I think this game is excellent and far more mature than any of the  the strategy games that are available now. That being said as an Infantryman I was always taught to improve my position any chance I had. 

I would like to offer a suggestion to battlefront that could improve the overall quality of the game and strategy. 

Adding the ability to make map graphics. Explained: The op order screen does a great job of following the standard op order format. A feature that allows either a MGRS map to add graphics for phase lines or that allows you to place notes on the 3d map itself would greatly improve the planning process either in setup phase or in actual play. Players that prefer RT over wego should also be able to do this during a game pause. I love turn based but RT adds an element of realism I prefer for responding to changing battlefield conditions in smaller scenarios.  I am new to the CM series of games so if this is possible I do apologize.. I read nothing in the supplied manual that eluded to this ability. I have resorted to hand drawn map sketches on paper which add a lot of realism in my opinion but are subject to the users drawing ability which was not my strong suit. A few simple graphics or an improved tactical map would help out a great deal. I think it is an excellent game and far superior to most strategy games out there. I think an addition such as this would only improve the experience. Besides the France based developers for wargame have included this and I know battle front can put them to shame. Any who agree with me please post on this thread. If you dont I would love to hear your reasons. Again I think this game is excellent and far more mature than any of the  the strategy games that are available now. That being said as an Infantryman I was always taught to improve my position any chance I had. 

Its a fantastic idea and it has been suggested before, hopefully one day we get something like this.

Drawing lines or text on 3d map would work best but if that's not possible the tactical map would suffice. The tactical map could be improved a bit I feel as well. The game is awesome and I love it as is so hope no one feels I'm bashing this.

I'd like the ability to directly draw on the 3D map. 

If you want phase lines, draw an orange line and label it "Phase Line Golf". Have a desired attack plan? Draw some arrows and pointers. Know where the enemy is coming from (intermittent contacts), draw some red lines.

I know that I will forget some contacts in long games. An overlay of personal graphics would help. I'd love to have it toggled on and off with a hotkey, and allow me to use colors, fonts, and different thickness brushes, etc. The ability to erase, delete, and edit individual elements would be important.

For example, if I draw a red box around a woods, to create a clearing task, I'd like to delete the red box once the woods are cleared, but keep my phase lines and my other enemy markers. An eraser icon would do it (if it only erases the add-on graphics).

Is that similar to what you're thinking about?

Ken

My two biggest pet peeves that I would love see addressed in the upcoming patches are:

1) RPO-As and RPO-AMs need to be buffed in their accuracy, penetration (i.e. enough to penetrate light APC or non-reinforced walls), and anti-personnel lethality. I personally find both to be completely useless right now; which does not seem to be the case IRL, based on Russian appreciation for them. Moreover, Ukrainians have an extremely short supply of RPO-As - both for their designated RPO teams (each gunner should be carrying a pack of 2 tubes instead of one) and supply vehicles (i.e. one RPO per vehicle)

2) ATGM and RPG/LAW teams wait to reload their weapons before following the "flee" order which often times leads to their death before they can seek cover; this is completely counter-intuitive and goes against standard training/SOPs for such units.

Edited by DreDay