Head to head scenario recommendations?

'Gates of Warsaw ' is good. Combines tanks, infantry, open spaces and close terrain. The Germans won when I played it h2h, but I can't say necessarily that the Germans have an easier time of it. Beautiful big map that takes advantage of CMRT's capabilities. Enough time and space in the scenario to think strategically and to have a lot of choices in your actions.

Thanks for the suggestion I will have to find that as it is not on disc.

We played Angriff some time ago and my oppo thought it favoured the Russians as I managed to mangle his attack, I think it is a good one for H2H so would recommend Angriff.

http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/combat-mission-red-thunder/angriff/b-15.htm?action=scenario&id=10846

Also played the Passage which I do not think is ideal for H2H as the German player can be at a disadvantage. Play that one with stronger player taking Germans and with the knowledge that it can be a tough one for the Germans if they try to duke it out with the Russians... The German player needs to be very smart...

http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/combat-mission-red-thunder/the-passage/b-15.htm?action=scenario&id=10818

As I have not played Tankovi I will give that a run as the Germans, seems like it might be a tad tough for German Player...

http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/combat-mission-red-thunder/tankovi-desant/b-15.htm?action=scenario&id=10820

For anyone else reading the thread TheBlitiz is a good place to see how their players rate the scenarios...

• 3 weeks later...

Well just finished this (or more precisely my oppo Surrendered) I enjoyed it and played as the Germans my oppo enjoyed it but thought it was a tad biased to German player.

We were around the 1 hour mark in and when we checked the CF option it was actually showing as a draw... So I think it is balanced and worth a play. Just give stronger player the Soviets.

IMO my oppo lost as he played the T34's wrong and went H2H vs the Panthers at range and I lost 2 Panthers to 17 of his. He had 4 left when he hit surrender.

Ultimately the Soviets can not treat their T34 as equals to the Panther from front on at range. You have to play them as Shermans vs Tigers and be looking to get side shots.

Of course with the open terrain my oppo thinks this is weighted to the Germans, but if you look deeper the Germans have to attack and expose their flanks and there is no need to try and engage the Panthers head on unless you get close.

So lovely map and a good scenario, just need to be a canny Soviet player...

Thanks for giving me the heads up on it.

I think we might replay it so I can see if I can win as Soviets... Of course if I can not then it will be obvious unbalanced!!

:)

If you check the scenario listings at 'The Blitz' you should be able to find info on plenty of scenarios.

Yes for anyone reading this have a look at their great web site and you can get an idea of how balanced scenario's might be.

I really should renew my membership and start putting results on their, but only playing one PBEM game at a time with usually the same Oppo is not ideal for the club I guess...

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know my baby is good option for H2H play. I have made a redux version of GOW that remains as of yet unpublished. I tweaked the original slightly based on the feedback I got. Perhaps I should publish it in the repository if anyone is interested.

****spoiler*****

And yes, a long range gun fight with the T34's against the Panthers is not a good idea. 

Edited by PanzerMike