CMPzC Normandy '44 Caen Operation - Axis HQ

Wait ... you LOST the AT gun in Authie ??? :eek:

<moves out to command, grumbling>

"bloody HQ types, in their own little world ... no idea of what we need on the ground ... rhubarb ... muppets... rhubarb"...

Ho now! Strength to post here and yet dare not face me on WeBoB?

Your turn Sir, or I will taunt you a second time, both here and "back home".

C.A.

Ladies and gentlemen, a word from the CMPzC creator, Mr. Noobington N. Noobsworth, aka "noob"

<<taped recording of applause and offers of marriage>>

download_zpsa0a86474.jpg

I have been trying to come up with a one size fits all solution to how the CM maps relate to the PzC VL hex areas, and I have decided this is impossible, especially in the case of this operation, where two VL's are within spitting distance of each other.

Therefore, I have decided to crop the Caen Map to 3500 x 3500m. This allows both VL's to occupy the same map, plus it reduces the potential for artillery to dominate the battle, and it also allows the PzIV to operate at maximum ranges, where it is superior to the Sherman. Terrain is another consideration when creating CM maps i.e. open terrain operations need big maps, closed terrain only need small maps.

The picture below shows the hex area containing the VL's. All the attacker has to do to trigger a CM battle is to move to a hex adjacent to the hex area (the half hexes), not the occupied hex, and declare his intention to move further, this will trigger the CM battle.

PzCVPAreaBorder_zps24dd12b7.jpg

I guess I will have to do Axis Turn 01 all over again...

• 2 weeks later...

Heading to the gym with my sons. But upon return, I will be re-playing Axis Turn 01 based on the new trigger hex rules promulgated by Herr Obernoobenfuhrer.

Baneman this is Kohlenklau

Baneman this is Kohlenklau

Come in

over

static hissssssssssssss.....

Mini-contest!!!!

<<Upbeat music, girls in bikinis and balloons falling from ceiling...>>

1. PBR Street gang PBR street gang this is almighty

2. Broadsword calling Danny Boy come in danny boy

3. Checkmate King 2 this is white rook over

Do you know all 3???

Not bent, I am straight as an arrow.

Maybe I didn't explain it right.

I was trying to get a hold of my KG commander so we can get things cranking.

He has been under the weather lately and I hope he is ready to lead his troops into Buron.

So, then, that got me thinking of famous radio calls from movies. All 3 of those are from movies/TV shows.

Does anyone know all 3?

Axis Turn 01. Commence reload...

Turn01partA_zps99500c10.png

Turn01partB_zps30bbcfed.png

Turn01partC_zpsec618e28.png

With noob's latest rule, I declare my assault intentions with many units on the blue star trigger hexes. They have sufficient movement points to press forward to Buron.

Now, we'll soften up Buron with everything we've got...

Wow, it went really well, I caused a lot of casualties. The triple XXX, ;) all changed to just double XX. I caused 45 casualties to his infantry. I tried to knock-out some of his Stuarts but no luck there.

Turn01partD_zps6a605fb3.png

Now I send noob an e-mail which outlines who is assaulting and which blue star hex they are currently on. I'll write it here and then cut and paste to e-mail...

From (6,6), 1/8/II/SSPz12 (5 PzIV), 2/8/II/SSPz12 (7 PzIV)

From (5,7), 1/6/II/SSPz12 (7 PZIV), 2/6/II/SSPz12 (5 PzIV)

From (4,7), 1/5/II/SSPz12 (7 PzIV), 2/5/II/SSPz12 (5 PzIV)

From (4,6), 5,6&7 of II/SSPzG25 (each with 144 men)

So, 36 tanks and almost 450 men assaulting into the great Buron area....

He has less than 400 men and less than 10 tanks INSIDE Buron but noob's new rules probably free his other assets to swing down into the fight.

It is gonna be one crazy wild $hit Storm. Good luck Baney!

Axis Turn 01. Commence reload...So, 36 tanks and almost 450 men assaulting into the great Buron area....

He has less than 400 men and less than 10 tanks INSIDE Buron but noob's new rules probably free his other assets to swing down into the fight.

It is gonna be one crazy wild $hit Storm. Good luck Baney!

Ooooh exciting. Good luck. Kick some behind!

Not bent, I am straight as an arrow.

Maybe I didn't explain it right.

I was trying to get a hold of my KG commander so we can get things cranking.

He has been under the weather lately and I hope he is ready to lead his troops into Buron.

So, then, that got me thinking of famous radio calls from movies. All 3 of those are from movies/TV shows.

Does anyone know all 3?

Nah, not buying it, Phil. You are bent!:D

You have FJ helmets awaiting you in the DB folder, btw.:)

I'm shutting this operation down. The reason is because of the way the VL's are set up. The VL locations will draw all the units quite quickly into a mega CM battle, which reduces the operational element to almost nothing, which is not what I intended. So, given how predictable the operational moves will be, I might as well just set up a mega CM battle, with all of both sides units deployed, and dispense with the PzC part.

In conclusion, my experiences with this particular PzC scenario, and also the Bulge one, have taught me that one cannot just use any old PzC scenario, one has to select one which will create CM battles with the most intriguing operational consequences. So, with that in mind, I am going to concentrate on creating a CMPzC Market Garden operation, as that has more potential for really interesting strategic situations than this operation.

Apologies for anyone following this, but I cannot put precious time into something that is not satisfying me.