CMPzC Normandy '44 Caen Operation - Axis HQ

The last man standing from 2 Platoon HQ proves that you cannot outrun bullets.

133Minute35-34-NoOutRunningBullets.jpg

1 Platoon start off looking good. They make it to the trenches just as all hell breaks loose at their old positions.

134Minute35-34-Safe.jpg

As the turn closes a round lands right in the trench killing 5 men from three different teams. This sends the whole platoon into a panic. I hope they stay in that trench.

135Minute35-34-OrNot.jpg

The remnants of 2 Platoon are all ordered to find cover.

136Minute34Orders-FindCover.jpg

Damn, always hide units under barrage at the end of their waypoints :(

I've found that maked entrechments much more useful.

Oh I did and often units in a trench and hidden will survive unscathed. However that round landed right in the trench. Not much you can do about that and you cannot hide if the damn shell lands right next to you.

Well what a turn. It is a story of courage and success!

First the AT gun that opened the game gets another try. I figured they would not get another chance but a Stuart poked its nose out and had it bloodied.

141Minute32-31-Hit.jpg

And again. But unfortunately the tank pulled back obviously still in some kind of working order.

142Minute32-31-AGain.jpg

The AT gun crew already fragile from the events around them and the very high volume of fire coming there way decide they have had enough and bail.

143Minute32-31-Bail.jpg

Their Amo carriers have a field day taking on the infantry down the street from their location.

144Minute32-31-WorkingTheZone.jpg

The shrek team that I moved to face the flanking Stuarts has finally had enough. In their panic they run right in front of the tank and start taking MG fire from at two tanks.

145Minute32-31q-PanicUnderFire.jpg

But look at this. He holds his ground and aims with his last round. And scores a hit!

146Minute32-31-GoodReaction.jpg

That makes two destroyed Stuart tanks.

147Minute32-31-AnotherOneDown.jpg

Unfortunately he did not manage to escape. His run for cover was cut short not 30m away by the other tank.

Hi Baneman,

I hope you are excited to climb in the turret and head into the fray! Ian made it to 30:00 and should surrender soon I think. So his CM battle will be resolved over the next day or 2. Then we can declare our intention to assault back into Buron.

Something more or less like the below. Retake Buron by assault and reinforce Authie.

SITREP28JULY2013_zpsd29540c5.png

Excellent - will @Baneman have any armour support he will need it.

Question what does making it to the 30 minute mark mean? If I was wiped off the map before that what difference would it have made? I do not recall reading anything about 30minute mark in the rules.

BTW I am loading the turn now. Unless my guys recover and start fighting back I will surrender this turn...

In your case you are correct, 30 minute does not mean anything, except our post chat back and forth about holding out to around 30 minutes to a) make it look good, B) maybe pick off another enemy tank. YOU DID BOTH!!!!

If you HAD been able to escape/exit, then it would have had to be after the 30 minute mark as I understand it. I am new to this and noob will jump in and throw a yellow or red flag as needed.

Again, your call to continue on a few more turns or bellow out the "KAMERAD!!! NICHT SCHIESEN!!" chorus....

OK time to give up and my men agree. The only team left who has not surrendered are these guys and they are in a panic.

151Minute30-29-GivingUP.jpg

My AT gun amo carriers who did such a good good job the last few turns were both killed trying to keep fighting.

I pressed the surrender button.

I am very pleased with the overall performance of my men I really wish I could have made my opponent really pay for having three tanks soo close together like that but those Shrek teams just could not make a hit. Thankfully one of them redeemed himself at the end.

Well fought battle! @Baneman good luck - and show them what for.

Achtung Achtung

We are now back in Operational mode. Axis Turn 01.

It is the bottom of the 1st inning so to speak and the axis team now cracks its knuckles and gets ready to burn some rubber and head on over to Buron.

Turn 01 Part 1: Reinforce Authie with 2 Companies. 1 other Company marches through Authie to approach Buron fom the south-west. They draw some fire and take 2 casualties. I then use that 88mm AT Gun in Authie to take a few shots at the Stuarts. There is no effect but someone fires back and wipes out the 88. :( But I have some other AT Guns in transport mode coming up from the south-west into Authie.

Turn01partA_zpsed2a9400.png

Turn 01 Part 2: Approach Buron in preparation for assault.

Sturmbannfuhrer Baneman will assume command and lead his KG into the assault on Buron.

The forces are fired upon as they approach Buron and take some casualties including a PzIV.

Turn01partB_zps636c09da.png

Turn 01 Part 3: What is in Buron and what can we do to soften it up and make KG Baneman's job less challenging?

Here is what we see:

Turn01partC_zps9cec8e6c.png

Turn 01 Part 4: We bloody fired everything we had at Buron and do cause several dozen casualties and disruption to the smallest company sized force.

Turn01partD_zps58d52878.png