Houses ... when it all boils down to it...

I had run a few tests on the subject, and my findings were that all single buildings were proof against small arms fire at a couple of hundred metres. You could hide a squad per floor and then area target it with machine guns and no casualties would be caused.

However, when the defending squad stood in the windows to shoot, they were cut down in short order.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The modular type buildings provide good cover.

I ran a test a couple of months ago with three mod-type structures. German squad in the building, American squad in the open. 200m. Duration: 3-4 wego turns. You can find the link at the front of this thread.

Results: typically 5-1, 10-1 in favor of the Germs. Note this is with relatively equal numbers. If the Amis get fire superiority, say a platoon vs a squad, or add an MG team, all bets are off. I found that bldg defense works better on the ground floor than the top and that the bldg should directly face the attackers. Also, three windows are better than one.

One tidbit of information I don't believe is included in the Manual: Barns are completely porous, that is you get the blue targeting line out of every side despite the solid wall graphics. They give concealment but lousy cover.

Thanks, good info. Its on my save file.:D