Bovington tank museum

Interesting and obscure fact 100345/B349: Note the Finnish tank captured from the Russians (T26?)... I recall seeing those in museums in Finland. They used the swastika and deathshead symbols before the Nazis appropriated it and I recall the swastika (reversed from the Nazi version) was still being used for decades after WW2 ended.

Yes, the swastika was used by the Finnish Air Force a long before ze Germans started to use it and it's still used in the insignia of some Air units (Training Air Wing) and also it's still in use in some military medals.

Enough about these old pieces of iron; what about those rims? Did you follow the van? Have you and your mates accosted the individual yet? Have you made a citizen's arrest? Did you ask the driver where he purchased the rims? Did you have to use your Taser to get those answers from him? If he's a member of the mob, have his bosses now sworn a vendetta against you due to how you duct-taped him to a chair and used the taser? Will they chase you through the streets of London while you launch your vehicle through the air on your re-possessed rims?

We need to know.

It seems that the museum has been dandified quite a bit since I was there 21 years ago. I recall entering through what was essentially a large barn door and not the spiffy glass and steel facade it seems to have now. Regardless, it is a fantastic collection and the staff there really are enthusiastic - even the museum store staff were great to talk to and knew their stuff. I'd go again in a heartbeat. Still have to see Sameur, Kubinka and the Patton Museum too. Ah, a grog's bucket list...

C3k

Didn't follow the van but made 3 drive bys (no 'gat' - see? I am down wit' da kidz) to confirm that the wheel profile, rim and brand were the same and lo and behold they were.

Would have loved to follow the van but the missus wasn't having none of it - I think she thought I would beat the cr@p out of the guy. Truth is I'm a pretty mild mannered chap and would have just wanted to have inspected the alloys when he had come to a stop as the ones that were stolen have a few distinguishing features.

It could be that the individual acquired the wheels legitimately but they're not exactly common place - hence why my curiosity was piqued. If said individual has stolen the alloys then I would love to duct tape him to a chair and taser his a*s for a couple of hours.*

As to chasing the perpetrator through the streets of London herein lies the problem – I live in Dorset around 120 miles from our glorious capital. Bar a cross country chase of epic proportions in a van that does 0-60 (never) and has the aerodynamic proportions of kitchen white goods it wouldn't make economical sense. However I'm not ruling it out - if our paths should cross again… (watch this space).

The boring banal truth of the matter is I informed the police dude who was dealing with the case originally - furnished him with pic and as much info as I could. It now resides with Dorset's finest to come to my aid.

Don't hold your breath going on last performance…

:)

Regards

Skimbo