DEMO - 1024 x 768 32-bit DEFAULT??

You shouldn't be limited as far as I know, I run the demo and game at 1600x900. That resolution isn't listed as an option, but it works by choosing the "desktop" option.

Hi, the problem I am having is the demo shuts down because it wants the lower setting. Is this only a demo issue? If so, I guess I will have to wait for the full program. :(

Cordially,

JB

After a video card upgrade the desktop size choice was no longer respected. I am not sure what size it chose. I over rode it by using the display size.txt file. It could be a minor graphics card issue. Pick a size other than desktop and then shut down the game. Open up the display size.txt file and replace the first two numbers with a resolution you card supports, save and restart.

After a video card upgrade the desktop size choice was no longer respected. I am not sure what size it chose. I over rode it by using the display size.txt file. It could be a minor graphics card issue. Pick a size other than desktop and then shut down the game. Open up the display size.txt file and replace the first two numbers with a resolution you card supports, save and restart.

I found the file "display size.txt" and all it has in it is: 0 0 0

I found the file "display size.txt" and all it has in it is: 0 0 0

Yes, 0 0 0 is what is stored for "desktop". I suggested you pick a size in the game so you could see the size you picked in the file and know which was the width and which was the height. Now that I am at home I can tell you that my file contains:

1776 1000 60

So the format is width height syncspeed.

I would suggest that you use the game options to pick a size offered - other than desktop - and then replace the width and height values with a size you want to use.

Yes, 0 0 0 is what is stored for "desktop". I suggested you pick a size in the game so you could see the size you picked in the file and know which was the width and which was the height. Now that I am at home I can tell you that my file contains:

1776 1000 60

So the format is width height syncspeed.

I would suggest that you use the game options to pick a size offered - other than desktop - and then replace the width and height values with a size you want to use.

So if I change the file to 1920 1080 60 it will recognize my default resolution and work ??

BTW: After you change the file and save it, IIRC you'll have to reboot.

No, no. No rebooting required. If you shut down the game, change the file then restart the game it will use the new values. Each time you want to change the values just shut down the game, tweak and re start. I did that a bunch of times until I found a combo of screen res and 3D settings that game me a look and a frame rate that I was happy with.

Juno Beach,

Post over in the tech support section. A link back here would be helpful. A quick summary of what you've tried and what doesn't work wouldn't be remiss. The guys who'll get you up and running look over in that section more often than they come over here.

Good luck. It'll be worth it when you get it running.

Ken

Ooops, I didn't mean reboot... I meant to say: "Restart the game..."

Oh, and if you are using Win 7 the version of "display size.txt" may be found NOT in the primary CMBN folder, but under AppData (along with saved games etc.). That stumped me for a bit when I first got CMBN on my Win 7 machine.

I find it best to load all games to a SIMS folder under C:\ as that avoids the UAV security and other Win 7 weirdness.