Speedy Steals the Peng Challenge Thread %43

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let it be known, that Buzzsaw by virtue [sheesh, virtue in the Peng Challenge Thread?] of his beating a lower life form, but still a Kaniggit Stuka, is hereby promoted to the rank of Kaniggit, and all rights and priviledges it entails as soon as he supplies the olde ones the secretaries they deserve...errr... want. So let it be written by Joebob Shaw.

Rune

And so, let the official record reflect that my promise has been kept. Stuka has been stuck down by this noble squire of House Rune. The boastful Aussie was brought to his knees by a combination of tactical genius, awe inducing audacity, and Rune granted divine providence. Future scholars may well recognize this occasion as a seminal event in the hallowed history of the MBT. For today, in the fertile combination of sticky Cesspool muck and a fine mulch of Stuka viscera, the Cesspool's greatest knight has taken root. Behold Sir Buzzsaw!

I wish that I could say the battle was hard-fought, but the truth is that after a push on my right flank was repulsed, Stuka stood little chance. Most of the game was spent with Stuka rustling around in the bushes and occasionally running into buildings moments before they collapsed. This is probably a story best told in pictures.

buzz-stuka-a-01.JPG

Look Fritz, another flying gerkin. Let's catch this one on our thin top armor.

buzz-stuka-a-02.JPG

Can you guess which side of the village Stuka was in? (Hint, look for rubble and lots of bodies.)

buzz-stuka-a-03.JPG

Stuka's camp out near the map edge was interrupted by HE.

buzz-stuka-a-04.JPG

Teleporting Panther did some damage, but did not last long.

buzz-stuka-a-05.JPG

Total Victory for a Total Knight. Witness the coming of Sir Buzzsaw!

Note Buzzsaw's gamey use of grid contour stuff, gamey use of a [sneer]QB ME[/sneer] and gamey purchase of 8 Shermans plus 2 H/Ts against my sensible but flawed purchase of only 2 Panthers.

The rest was a foregone conclusion hence my brave decision to end the debacle early.

This should have been a 'best of three'.

Nevertheless, welcome to the round table young Buzzsaw, you'll find it to be nothing like you'd hoped.