Holly Indirect Batman!

Experience level of the mortar crew would make a big difference with wild rounds. If they're on-map you can click on them and check. If they're off-map I believe there's an experience marker in the upper right corner of the artillery selection. I've got the game open and see a green triangle for a 105mm artillery battery. Which I think is good. Where's my manual? :);)

Playing a game in CM:Afghanistan recently I had a friendly green SU-22 pilot kill a third of my on-map forces in a single straffing run. Ouch! :eek: :o

<snip>marker in the upper right corner of the artillery selection. I've got the game open and see a green triangle for a 105mm artillery battery. Which I think is good. Where's my manual?<snip>

pp 103 of the manual:

Matchup - in the upper right hand corner is a symbol representing how well

the Spotter and Support Asset are matched for each other. There are five

states, color coded as follows: Excellent (green circle) , Good (green triangle)

, average (yellow square) , poor (red triangle) , and bad (-)

.. The better the match the more efficient and effective the results will be.

So not gun crew experience but the match up between the spotter ant the gun crew.

They were not spotting rounds... it was fire for effect. I guess lucky for me, the mission was set for light & short and my guys are along a bocage row.

Green circle is the 'marker' and they are on map assets.

Winds in the conditions report are 'light'.

Really weird, first time it's happened. The rounds dropped parallel to the east from the HQ that requested them and that was along my occupied bocage row.

One thing I noticed was the two lines that are drawn when selecting the artillery mission in progress is white and not green?

My mortars are quite a bit behind my right flank of the attack, like 400-450 meters... maybe the distance they are traveling is making the wind even more of a factor?