Almost 3 months after release, what's your favorite difficulty and why?

I moved from Basic to Veteran right away and since I still feel comfortable with it have stuck with it. I may move to Warrior if I feel like I need more challenge to keep it interesting, but I doubt I'll ever move to a higher difficulty level than that. To me, a better way to increase the challenge is to make the enemy troops tougher or better armed or simply more of them.

Michael

My testing has been unable to find any such difference. The distance from a Pl. HQ at which a squad loses it's voice C2 contact icon is typically 7 action spots in both Warrior and Iron. The distance at which the visual icon changes from near to far is 13 action spots. This is on flat grass.

Thanks for doing these tests!

It would be great for BTS to step in with the official word on this.

My testing has been unable to find any such difference. The distance from a Pl. HQ at which a squad loses it's voice C2 contact icon is typically 7 action spots in both Warrior and Iron. The distance at which the visual icon changes from near to far is 13 action spots. This is on flat grass.

If I understand Steve's past posts on this correctly, the difference has more to do with the rate at which stuff like spotting information propagates through the C2 chain, not the distance at which C2 connections can be maintained, as such. I assume this to mean that as you go up from Warrior to Elite or Iron (not sure at exactly which step(s) this comes in), information spreads more slowly.

But I've never conclusively tested this and Steve's comments on the matter are admittedly not completely clear. In order to conclusively test this, you'd have to set up a test where one unit spot an enemy unit, and then measure see how long it takes that spotting info to propagate through the C2 chain a to other platoon or something. Not particularly interested in trying to set up such a time-consuming test myself... it does seem like spotting info spreads more slowly in Iron to me, but this could be due to my own subjective observer bias.