Jeep Blocks Road?

Not yet tested this but I have been told that vehicles can not be pushed out of the way and hence a Jeep could block an exit from a field for a Tank?

I accept that Tanks will block roads as with the tracks and weight very heavy to push away, especially if they are burning.

But Jeeps and wheeled vehicles would surely be knocked aside by any larger tank?

Anyone had any problems with this?

I think you'd have to be pretty unlucky to have a vehicle completely block a "vehicle-sized" opening in an obstacle. Other vehicles are pretty good at squeezing through, which isn't quite what we'd like to see (a Kubel getting flattened by a Sherman :) ) but suffices for gameplay purposes.

I've had Stuart tanks shimmy through the gaps in the fences in bocage gaps before, without flattening the fence... :)

I will watch out for this but from memory CM did allow for vehicles to be pushed along / out of the way. I hope this can be put back if at all possible?

It really is worth bearing in mind that:

This is not CMx1 v2. It's an entirely new game, built from the ground up, so stuff that was in CMx1 that isn't in CMx2 for the most part has never been in CMx2, so isn't eligible for 'putting back in'. You'll save yourself a whole bunch of anguish over features that have been 'dropped' which never, in fact, existed, often because there are new ways of doing things.

This is not CMx1 v2. It's an entirely new game, built from the ground up, so stuff that was in CMx1 that isn't in CMx2 for the most part has never been in CMx2, so isn't eligible for 'putting back in'. You'll save yourself a whole bunch of anguish over features that have been 'dropped' which never, in fact, existed, often because there are new ways of doing things.

'New' isn't necessarily 'better' and IMHO, in this case it definately isn't.

There is an inate logic, something no doubt to do with the complex laws of physics, that a larger, heavier and more powerful entity can push a smaller, lighter, less powerful entity out of the way. A Sherman tank would, under most circumstances, have little trouble in bulldozing a jeep out of the way and quite probably a truck as well.

In CMx1 the 'pushing' of vehicles, including other tanks, seemed to be handled quite elegantly, with the operation being very slow, as one might expect. Also, there was little or no instances of clipping.

In CM2 there is a blanket ban on pushing and still a lot of instances of clipping.

I know which alternative I prefer.

'New' isn't necessarily 'better' and IMHO, in this case it definately isn't.

There is an inate logic, something no doubt to do with the complex laws of physics, that a larger, heavier and more powerful entity can push a smaller, lighter, less powerful entity out of the way. A Sherman tank would, under most circumstances, have little trouble in bulldozing a jeep out of the way and quite probably a truck as well.

I have had no problem with tanks pushing past jeeps, halftracks, other tanks, etc. The AI does it all the time (try the Huzzar scenario). If anything, it is TOO easy to get past immobilized vehicles (version 1.01).

Ohh sorry I did not realise that the engine has had 10 years to improve and that things in the past should no longer be noted as possible in the future...

;)

For give me for thinking that it would be a nice for the engine to model pushing vehicles out of the way, ohh the anguish I am feeling....

Ohhh wooo is me....

Anyway on a more serious note I shall see how small a gap a 50 ton tank can get through.

FWIIW I have had enough fun watching my vehicles re route to certain death when thinking they could get over the hedge (or should I say low bocage which BTW I think I have found a way to spot the difference in game) to risk trying to get through a gap blocked by a halftrack....