82nd and 101st Airborne camo painted uniforms Mods

Here after are some shots from a mod I have just been doing. It is intended for the 82nd Airborne paratrooper and also the 101st .

The uniforms are painted in order to diminish the more or less shining glare resulting from the tissue fabric. That was observed on quite a few uniforms at the time.

On the mod not all uniforms will appear with such a paint camo. Some uniforms without camo will have slight stains of mud and grass.

The flag on the right sleeve and the 82 patch (All Americans-AA) on the left one are a bit dirtied with a muddy effect. Some helmets have some paint mud effect added.

Since that it is the first mod, I have been doing up to now, I‘ll appreciate all comments about it and particularly the ones, that could help me in improving what is new for me.

The mod, with the 82 nd and 101st shoulder patch will be found in the packed mod.

After dezipping the RAR file, you will just have to put the BRZ file either the 82 and or 101 in the Z folder existing or that you will create in the DATA of the game Folder.

The mod will be uploaded at the latest tomorrow.

Cheers

82paintcamouniforms2.jpg

82paintcamouniforms.jpg

paratroop822.jpg

paratroop821.jpg

"...stains of mud and grass."

Thank you, thank you, thank you... It's great to see uniforms as they would have looked - dirty and smelly, knees and elbows even dirtier and worn. (I think the screaming eagle patch is still too bright however. I bet that would have been almost invisible 10 feet away due to dirt.)

My only other suggestion would be as an experiment to make an even dirtier mod. Be good to see if it is even possible to make a "too dirty" uniform after being the field for weeks.

Here after some pictures showing camo painted airborne uniforms as well as tankist jackets in a 2nd division medics unit.

That practice was not however widely done. Usually it was observed at squad and or platoon level.

Another practice, besides applying stains with oily rags (rubbed on vehicles dirt) was the reversing of the field jacket of the Infantry to avoid its shining fabric gloss.

To Erwin:

You are right; I have forgotten to tone down the eagle patch. I am doing it in the V2 mod.

BTW it seems that the uploading is not in the repository, besides the DONE having been shown at the end of the uploading. I’ll shall do it again, with the V2, later this day.

medictankistcamopaintedjacket.jpg

101pathfindernormandy.jpg

101blotchesnormandydrop.jpg

517PIRAnvil1944.jpg